Waxing Crescent

Our Christmas Forecast: White, Wet, or What?

Our Christmas Forecast: White, Wet, or What?

Are you dreaming of a white Christmas this year? If so, you may be in luck. Though the statistical probability of a white Christmas is actually rather slim in most areas of the U.S. and Canada, our forecast predicts snow in several regions this Christmas. Read on to find out whether your area will be a winter wonderland this holiday season!

Northeast U.S.
Mild air overruns cold air, producing widespread wintry precipitation in time for Christmas.

Midwest/Great Lakes U.S.
Have yourself a messy little Christmas: wintry mix, as mild air from the south overruns cold air from the north.

Southeast U.S.
Rainy Christmas holiday from Gulf Coast to the Carolinas.

North Central U.S.
Heavy snow for Colorado and the Plains for Christmas.

South Central U.S.
Stormy for Christmas from New Mexico into Texas, followed by clearing. Rain for the Gulf Coast.

Northwest U.S.
Weather slowly improves in time for the Christmas holiday.

Southwest U.S.
Heavy snow for Utah, stormy for Arizona, followed by clearing.

Newfoundland, Labrador
Clouds increase for Christmas and Boxing Day, with snow possible by the 27th.

Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Quebec
Mild air overruns cold air, producing widespread wintry precipitation for Christmas and Boxing Day.

Ontario
A wintry mix of rain, sleet and snow for Christmas and Boxing Day, as mild air from south overruns cold air from the north.

Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan
Heavy snow—up to 30 centimetres—through the Prairies for Christmas and Boxing Day.

British Columbia
Weather slowly improves in time for Christmas and Boxing Day.

1 Susan Higgins { 08.05.14 at 9:55 am }

The 2015 edition of the Farmers’ Almanac is coming soon – Aug. 25th – and includes the winter weather forecast!

2 debbie0414 { 08.01.14 at 11:31 pm }

I live in Greenville South Carolina . Is there any chance for snow in December ? If not what about January and February ? Please , I love snow … lol

3 Ed { 12.10.13 at 2:33 pm }

Not much chance in the Carolinas but still hoping for a white covering on Pinehurst #2

4 sonya stephens { 12.09.13 at 6:00 am }

Could handle a white Christmas this year.our daughters birthday is Dec/24 and always wonts one

5 Pam Frank { 12.08.13 at 10:18 am }

We live in Texas. Wishing for a white Christmas. Sounds like wishes are all we will get this year.

6 betty e { 12.05.13 at 11:13 am }

A nice, gentle snow of a few inches is nice–not nice when it comes in “sideways” and drifts pile up in front of the garage.

7 RoseMarie Young { 12.04.13 at 11:02 pm }

I live in Maine,looking forward to a White Christmas!

8 Zeta Bazzano { 12.04.13 at 9:28 pm }

WE live up on a mountaintop in Virginia, and it is always such a beautiful scenario when it snows on Christmas. We do get snowed in though, when it snows here. Because when it snows, it really snows. it looks so beautiful….!

9 Lucille Ward { 12.04.13 at 8:36 pm }

N W FL, “Snow”, what is that? We would love to wake up Crhistmas morning to a beautiful snowfall and see the Grandchildren enjoy a memorable Christmas Day! God Bless Everyone the Christmas Season.

10 Donald adams { 12.04.13 at 3:51 pm }

A Merry Christmas To ALL and safe driving also!! and HAPPY NEW YEARS and SOBER
DRIVING!!

11 Jenna { 12.04.13 at 3:00 pm }

Like bam bam, I live in Rome, GA. I would love to see some snow this winter. It happens so rarely here. We are in a strange weather area, with mountains all around and what happens even 20 miles away always seems to miss us! :(

12 jenny Kimbro { 12.04.13 at 2:03 pm }

How a bout austin texas I love in pflugerville texas would love to see snow

13 I'm from northeast PA and we get lots of snow and bitter cold. I'm moving to SC in June, i cant wait...so done with snow and cold! { 12.04.13 at 1:44 pm }

I’m from Northeast PA and we get lots of snow and bitter cold. I’m moving to SC in June, i can’t wait…so done with snow, ice and cold.

14 Linda Bellamy { 12.04.13 at 1:18 pm }

I don’t like snow I’m so glad I was born in Texas I lived in Colorado & indiana did not like it at all.

15 Bam bam { 12.04.13 at 11:19 am }

I live in rome, georgia. We don’t get snow very much but I love snow. We actually had a white Christmas on my oldest sons first Christmas. It was awesome. Would really love to have some more snow.

16 Jaime McLeod { 12.04.13 at 11:04 am }

John, Pittsburgh is in the Northeast – Zone 1. Kentucky is in Zone 2.

17 terry wilson { 12.04.13 at 10:00 am }

I don’t like snow except for Christmas time .

18 Marcy { 12.04.13 at 9:41 am }

Who doesn’t care if they ever see snow again? :-)

19 Alma I Kelly { 12.04.13 at 9:11 am }

I love the idea of having a white christmas cause it puts me in the mood to bake xmas cookies and put on some fantastic Christmas Music and watch the snow gently fall from the sky and sit on my bed n watch Holiday Programs n Movies and just enjoy Winter n Xmas:-)

20 John Hayden { 12.04.13 at 8:50 am }

Which regions would you consider Lexington, Ky. and Pittsburgh to be? I think Pittsburgh is probably more Great Lakes, but just curious.

21 Amanda { 12.03.13 at 11:04 pm }

“Let it snow… let it snow… let it snow!”

22 Jamie Jones { 12.03.13 at 10:58 am }

The only thing I like about winter is when it’s over,

23 louann { 12.03.13 at 6:22 am }

I love snow and winter. I am a true Canadian

24 philip cotten { 12.02.13 at 9:39 am }

Who’s hoping for snow this year?

25 philip cotten { 12.02.13 at 9:39 am }

Who’s ready for Christmas this year?