Waning Crescent

Will This Halloween Be a Terror or a Treat?

Will This Halloween Be a Terror or a Treat?

Halloween is almost here, but will the weather be frightful?

This year, Mother Nature has both tricks and treats in store, with cold but dry weather for much of the U.S. and Canada, and stormy conditions, with possible snow, from the Rockies westward.

Here’s a look at what we’re predicting for your area:

Northeast U.S.
Unseasonably chilly weather for Halloween.

Midwest/Great Lakes U.S.
Cold and dry in time for trick-or-treating.

Southeast U.S.
Unseasonably chilly weather arrives for Halloween.

North Central U.S.
Fair, then stormy weather moves east, with snow for the Rockies and the Plains States.

South Central U.S.
Fair, then light snow Southern Rockies into Texas.

Northwest U.S.
Fair, then stormy for Washington and Oregon; hold on to your umbrella for Halloween.

Southwest U.S.
Fair, then unsettled.

Newfoundland, Labrador
Fair initially, then showers spread for Halloween.

Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Quebec
Cold and dry for Halloween.

Ontario
Cold and dry for trick-or-treaters.

Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan
Fair, then stormy eastward, with snow from the Rockies into the Prairies.

British Columbia
Fair, then stormy.

1 MICHELLE JOHNS { 10.21.13 at 4:42 pm }

i live in Southern IL Carmi white county i was wanting to know if the rumors are true will we get lots of snow this winter?was told its gonna be a doozie I HOPE SO LOVE THE BIG SNOW STORMS AND ICE STORMS ITS EXCITING W00T

2 Natalie { 10.20.13 at 10:07 am }

Southern girl
Love the Gulf Coast
Hope to no more hurricanes

3 Eileen Melton { 10.18.13 at 11:14 pm }

I live in the Mid-Atlantic in VA. We are considered part of the Northeast Region. I find that unfortunate because with the Blue Ridge Mountains to the west we don’t always get a good snow when the north get one. We usually have to wait for a Nor’easter.

4 Lauren { 10.16.13 at 8:32 pm }

what type of winter will we have here in the Northeast in terms of snow? last Feb we had 38 inches of snow and we were in the house for days!

5 ali { 10.16.13 at 8:25 pm }

Tawny, you know it….I am so ready for the snow fall, luv it!

6 peg bergstrom { 10.16.13 at 3:38 pm }

Could someone clear up a long running ? for me?…… I live in Olean, N.Y. 14760 and I am almost due South of Buffalo, N.Y., on the Pa. border. I can never figure for sure what zone I am in. It looks like I am right on the line of the zones between Elmira and Buffalo. I sure would appreciate an answer as I get the Almanac every yr.

7 Tawny { 10.16.13 at 10:38 am }

I would love snow. With the summer that we had I am way over the hot temps. I am teady for cooler weather and lots of snow. I say bring it on

8 mimi { 10.16.13 at 10:34 am }

Thank heavens no major storm in the northeast the Halloween, the last two were horrible!