Farmers Almanac Weather

Waning Crescent

What’s in Store for Summer?

What’s in Store for Summer?

No doubt about it, the past year has brought some strange weather. From last year’s hot summer, and accompanying droughts in the southern half of the country, to the winter that wasn’t and the freak early spring heat wave that brought July-like temperatures to much of the country, many of you are scratching your heads, wondering what’s going on. More importantly, you’re wondering what all of this will mean for the coming summer.

This summer, we’ve predicted that unseasonably hot and dry weather will be on tap for the Rockies and Great Plains, as well as the eastern states, while the Pacific Northwest will see below-normal precipitation.

On the other side of the coin, the Great Lakes and the Midwest could have above-normal precipitation, from locally heavy showers and thunderstorms. Across the Southeast it will be typical summer weather, complete with oppressively high humidity, very warm-to-hot temperatures and the ongoing threat of pop-up showers and thunderstorms, particularly in the late afternoons and evenings. The Southwest should also experience normal summer weather: hot and mainly dry, save for the seasonal monsoon showers and scattered thunderstorms over the deserts.

For Canada, our long-range formula indicates unseasonably warm to hot-and-dry weather across eastern Quebec and the Maritimes from New Brunswick northeast into Newfoundland.

Above-normal temperatures are also forecast for southern and eastern Saskatchewan, nearly all of Manitoba, and northern and western Ontario. Very dry conditions are anticipated for parts of southern Saskatchewan, all of Manitoba, plus northern and western Ontario. These very dry conditions could even spread north as into the Northwest Territories and Nunavut. British Columbia and Alberta should also see below-normal precipitation, though not to the extreme degree of the provinces farther east.

Southern and eastern Ontario, including the Great Lakes and areas in adjacent western and central Quebec, could see above-normal precipitation, in locally heavy showers and thunderstorms.

Look for a hot spell just about everywhere in late June, with temperatures soaring into the 100s in many areas, followed by stormy weather that will hopefully cool things down. The heat will remain turned up across North America in July, with unsettled conditions, thunderstorms, and another exceptional heat wave toward the middle of the month.

Temperatures will stay high moving into August, with more thunderstorms, except in the plains, where things should stay relatively dry.

Want more detailed predictions for your region? Don’t miss our long-range forecast!

1 Jaime McLeod { 07.02.13 at 4:04 pm }

Amelia – You can always see four free months of our forecast here: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/

2 amelia { 07.01.13 at 8:17 am }

My wedding date is July 27, 2013 in south GA…outdoor evening wedding reception…HELP….says scattered PM showers for this date range. Any predictions for this specific, date, time, region? Can you send sunshine our way, pleaseeeee? :-)

3 Rylee { 03.02.13 at 5:31 pm }

Cottage Grove OR ,warmish & Wet

4 Jaime McLeod { 10.25.12 at 9:31 am }

Melody – Dry and cold.

5 melody wilson { 10.23.12 at 1:56 am }

Sorry I forgot to say that I’m from Delta Colorado.

6 melody wilson { 10.23.12 at 1:54 am }

I’m planning a October 23 outdoors wedding for next year .Do you think that it will be a warm day ?

7 Daneta { 09.29.12 at 2:46 am }

We are in North Texas and We’re wondering if We were going to get any chance of SNOW WEATHER the 2012-2013 Winter Season !! We had a Winter Storm…. blizzard in 2009 and We were wanting to see if We were getting anything like that this year.. A few People here are saying that we are going to have a BAD WINTER and the extent of that is what we WANT TO KNOW ! If there is any truth to that…………..

8 thumper08116177 { 09.27.12 at 11:32 am }

we live in north central west virginia and we are very hopeful that we will have a cold snowy winter .the oak trees and hickory trees and are black walnut are over full with nuts and the squirrels are filling up on them and the yellow jackets went underground earlier and there is a bunch in the holes even my hummingbirds left earlier.this is not for the summer of 2012 but for the fall/winter 2012

9 Jaime McLeod { 09.26.12 at 9:07 am }
10 diane greene { 09.23.12 at 11:04 am }

What are winter predictions for November 6 to 15 2012 in Connecticut and New York?

11 tina { 09.07.12 at 12:31 am }

like toohave almanac for2012&2013 weather for main brook nl or st anthony nl please thank you very much

12 Becky { 09.05.12 at 2:23 pm }

What’s it looking like for Autumn in the Northeast as far as temps? Other than “frosts widespread” Oct 20-23, I couldn’t really tell if it’s expected to be a warm Fall, or if frost will come early. Thanks for your help!

13 Brenda { 08.30.12 at 6:04 pm }

I was looking at the winter forecast. Im getting a bit concerned about the mid atlantic. Will we have above normal snowfall as well? The northeast will have alot of snow but what about us in Virginia? Will we see our fair share too? I dont want our ski resorts to suffer a warm winter either! Thanks

14 Jaime McLeod { 08.29.12 at 9:54 am }

Kate – You can see your forecast for that date here: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/

15 Kate { 08.28.12 at 9:27 am }

Hi we are getting married outdoor Sept 15, 2012 just out of the Twin Cities in Stillwater MN, what is the weather going to be like based on previous years? Thanks! ;)

16 Nana Joe Joe1210 { 08.25.12 at 5:08 pm }

Well now that September is just days away and in 4 weeks fall will officially be here, so winter must be coming awfully close. Think of how fast this summer has gone by then well “possibly” be fighting some awful snowstorms, in just weeks in time! thats if winter makes a comeback but I think it will. Here in mid atlantic (DC, Arlington, Alexandria, VA, Maryland) do you think its safe to say were done with the record warmth weve seen this year? Will things finally quiet down? Cant wait until sweet ‘ol autumn! also do you think our fall foliage will be earlier this year?

17 Jaime McLeod { 08.24.12 at 10:23 am }

Sorry folks, it’s getting to the point where it’s taking me over an hour each day just to provide these wedding day predictions. Now that our 2013 Almanac is widely available in stores and online, you can easily find this information for yourselves. Look for the Almanac with the orange and green cover at Tractor Supply, Wal-Mart, Sam’s, CVS, Barnes & Noble, Books-a-Million …

You can also order a copy in our online store here: http://store.farmersalmanac.com/staging/20090925001/farmers-almanac/c-4851.htm

Or instantly download a digital version (look for our special wedding planner, which includes not just the weather, but also lots of helpful wedding tips and lore) here: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/digital/

Or get a personalized wedding prediction, suitable for framing, here: http://store.farmersalmanac.com/staging/20090925001/c-5806.htm

Sorry, the last few weeks have brought the most requests we’ve ever had, and it’s just gotten to be too much to keep up with.

18 Brian and Bella { 08.23.12 at 1:15 pm }

We are ready to choose a wedding date and we’re looking at October 4th, 2013 in Nashua, NH. By any chance does the very-extended outlook look good for that day?? Thank you!!

19 Jaime McLeod { 08.23.12 at 9:41 am }

pameladr – The weather will be pleasant overall, but there could be some showers that day. Congratulations!

20 Jaime McLeod { 08.23.12 at 9:16 am }

Bobbi,
It will be cold and rainy with possible snow. You should definitely bring a coat!

21 bobbi s { 08.22.12 at 11:02 pm }

Hi, hows November 17-23, 2012 looking like for western VA and Sugar Grove, WV. I am near Daytona Beach, Forida but I have family, and I want to come up there for Thanksgiving as well, I will be there for almost a week. Hows that time period looking up there? I dont imagine it will be florida weather anyway. Will I need my coat? brrrr… lol!! Growing up there, I know how cold feels, it gets well down into the teens and single digits in the mornings and a foot of snow may be on the ground. I remember winters up there as a child

22 pameladr { 08.22.12 at 2:13 pm }

hi im having my wedding march 23 2013 at Menifee ,CA what would the weather be like ?

23 Jaime McLeod { 08.22.12 at 1:46 pm }

sarah beauchemin – I would need a location to give a forecast, but you can easily find it for yourself here: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/

24 sarah beauchemin { 08.22.12 at 12:23 pm }

Planning a baptism bbq on Sept 9th, what will the weather be like??

25 Jaime McLeod { 08.22.12 at 10:35 am }

Carole Damon – Should be pleasant that day. Congratulations!

26 Jaime McLeod { 08.22.12 at 10:29 am }

Hi Roberta,
I would need a location to provide a forecast, but you can find it for yourself here: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/

27 Roberta Freedman { 08.22.12 at 10:18 am }

I have an outdoor wedding to attend to on Sunday, September 2, 2012. What will the weather be like? Thanks.

28 Carole Damon { 08.21.12 at 11:16 am }

Daughter’s outdoor wedding coming up on August 31 in Kansas City, MO. What should we expect in terms of rain?

29 Jaime McLeod { 08.21.12 at 10:13 am }

Brenda, “Mild” for fall generally means warmer with less precipitation than what is normal for your area. This would differ depending on where you live. A mild autumn in Maine would seem chilly in Virginia.

30 Jaime McLeod { 08.21.12 at 10:12 am }

FioreK – As I’ve said a few times on this thread, we will be releasing our forecast for the coming winter on Monday, August 27th. Watch our homepage for that.

As for fall, it should be pleasant, with seasonable temperatures, but lower than normal precipitation.

You can see a more detailed forecast here: https://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/

31 FioreK { 08.20.12 at 7:44 pm }

Ok, third time asking. Please let me know if you have an answer :) I feel ignored, HA!

What do you foresee for Southern California (LA) this Fall / Winter? Any wetter, or cooler than last year?

Thanks!!

32 Brenda { 08.20.12 at 3:27 pm }

What does mild mean in October? Like normal? (60s and 70s) and typical chilly nights or above normal temperatures? I love fall and if we have record breaking warmth into October and November that will get me worrying! I just want some pleasant fall conditions before winter comes in, if winter even does come in this year. I would love to watch summer turn to a cool autumn in VA

33 Jaime McLeod { 08.20.12 at 1:21 pm }

anedsall – We’re calling for thunderstorms.

34 Jaime McLeod { 08.20.12 at 1:20 pm }

We’re calling for September to be pretty average for your area, Shannon. You can probably tough it out with some fans and maybe an inexpensive window unit (just sell it next year).

35 Jaime McLeod { 08.20.12 at 12:13 pm }

K. Lewis,

We’re calling for thunderstorms in the days before the 31st, but it should clear in time.

36 Jaime McLeod { 08.20.12 at 11:58 am }

Hi everyone,
We’ll be revealing out winter forecast on August 27.

37 Mikalah { 08.20.12 at 11:21 am }

How does the East Coast of Newfoundland – Canada look for winter of 2012-13, not alot of Dog-Berries out this year?

38 mdaniels { 08.19.12 at 7:48 pm }

Hello, will North Texas see snow for the winter 2012-2013?

39 dernit { 08.18.12 at 7:57 pm }

Okay your predictions for the midwest summer were a little off it was hot and very dry for most of the summer hoping winter is better

40 ShawnM { 08.18.12 at 7:25 pm }

Hey Jaime, what is the winter in Missouri going to be like? I’m in the central/east central part of the state. :)

41 jeklo24 { 08.16.12 at 5:26 pm }

K.Lewis, according to accuweather.com on 8/31 the weather for Long Island will be partly sunny and humid with a high around 82. Overnight lows around 66. No rain is forecast yet though the thunderstorms probability is around 24%. Looks like you will have a nice day to work with.

42 K. Lewis { 08.16.12 at 7:09 am }

what is the weather suppose to be like on august 31, 2012 on long island, ny? im getting married that day

43 Shannon { 08.13.12 at 9:59 pm }

Our AC broke and it is going to cost $3500 to fix because we need a whole new unit. My husband and I are trying to decide if we can suffer through the rest of the summer. We are in Northern VA. Do you think that the temperature will get cooler at the beginnng or end of September? If we only have 3 more weeks of extreme heat, I think that maybe we can hang in there. However, if it will be 6 more weeks, then I don’t know what we will do.

44 fiorekat { 08.13.12 at 7:51 pm }

Hi there,

Thanks!!

45 anedsall { 08.13.12 at 7:31 pm }

What does August 25, 2012 look like in Chico, CA? I’m getting married that day!

46 NoL { 08.13.12 at 4:35 pm }

Weather in Seattle on 9/2/12?

47 Jaime McLeod { 08.13.12 at 9:34 am }

Should be snowy, Nora Linda J. We call for a few different snowstorms that week.

48 Nora Linda J. { 08.12.12 at 12:46 am }

What is the week of December 14-22, 2012 looking like? Can you look at the forecast for me and see what that time period will be like? I live in PA, were gonna have a busy holiday season this year, got family coming here that week and i want the weather to cooperate. In December… you shouldnt expect sunshine and comfy temps but if its like last years, I better get those sun glasses and lay out in the sun. lol!! Thanks so much Jaime. I dont mean to waste your time any

49 Jaime McLeod { 08.11.12 at 8:03 am }

Jill, What is the location?

50 Jaime McLeod { 08.11.12 at 7:58 am }

Sorry Randi,
This forecast was made more than two years ago, and I don’t have access to any more information than what it actually says. Happy Birthday to your son, though!

51 Jaime McLeod { 08.11.12 at 7:52 am }

Pastor Tanya Smalls Glascoe – I’m not sure whether that’s supposed to be the 5th or the 15th. EIther way, you can see the exact forecast for that date here: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/

52 Jaime McLeod { 08.11.12 at 7:46 am }

Bryan,
We never erase or revise our forecasts. We compile our forecast more than two years in advance, and once we release it, it stays as is for all the ages – right or wrong. I’m not sure where you read a different forecast from what’s here, but it wasn’t ours. There is more than one almanac out there, so maybe it was a competitor’s?

53 Bryan Bowling { 08.10.12 at 1:59 pm }

Love the Farmer’s Almanac, but it is very curious that you ommited the south central area in the revised summer 2012 forecast. I read it in may and it said below averege temperatures in the south central area. We are at or near record temps. Is it policy to erase a forecast when is proves to be wrong? Please say it aint so, as the Almanac was one thing I thought I could trust!
Bryan, simmerin here in North texas

54 Pastor Tanya Smalls Glascoe { 08.09.12 at 2:43 pm }

Hello! I am having our 11th Annual Back to School Community Festival Saturday September !5th 2012 from 9am to 6pm in NW Washington ,DC.please tell me our possible forecast on this day.Thanks.

55 USAclimatereporter { 08.09.12 at 11:05 am }

it is very hot here in new york city they are always opening cooling centers

56 randi { 08.08.12 at 4:15 pm }

My sons birthday is September 9th and we are in the western peidmont of Virginia. We may go to the pool before they close a few days after. I notice the forecast is calling for thunderstorms but between the storms will it likely be sunny and warm temperatures? Like a nice late summers day? any more information would be very helpful. Thank you!

57 Jill { 08.08.12 at 12:03 pm }

Im planning to get married next year Oct 4th, or Nov 8th, 2013. Can you tell me what the weather may be like?

58 Jaime McLeod { 08.08.12 at 11:54 am }

Delstein,
We’ll be releasing the forecast on August 27.

59 Delstein { 08.05.12 at 8:03 pm }

Looks like your summer forecast was very accurate, except for some of the eastern Midwest precipitation forecast. This makes me excited to see the winter forecast. Do you have an exact date for when that’s coming out?

60 dbghoti { 08.04.12 at 11:20 am }

I live in central Oklahoma…It has been unseasonably hot and dry…A repeat of last year…We are being plagued by wildfires and record breaking temperatures…When are we going to get a break and is it ever going to rain again?

61 AER { 08.04.12 at 9:01 am }

When are the high tempertures that we have experienced this summer expected to “cool down” in Minnesota?

62 fiorekat { 08.03.12 at 5:05 pm }

Does southern California look like it will have a rainy winter? maybe a little el niño action? Thanks!

63 Jaime McLeod { 08.02.12 at 10:43 am }

We’re not predicting a cool-down until fall, Norma.

64 Norma { 07.31.12 at 6:57 pm }

In the mid atlantic, when will we a significant cool down? July was very hot but this says temps will stay high in August, but will it be as extreme? Can you help me any? Thanks

65 Jaime McLeod { 07.31.12 at 1:01 pm }

Rachel,
You can see our forecast here: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/

66 Rachel { 07.30.12 at 7:08 pm }

We are getting married on September 29th outside…. We live in Mid-Missouri and it has been so hot and dry. I am starting to think we should plan for an inside reception. Any idea what the weather will be like at the end of September?

67 Dawn { 07.30.12 at 6:14 pm }

Hi I live in Missouri and I was wondering if there is any measurable relief from this drought in the near future. I just read in a Dept. of Natural Resources water conservation publication that they are expecting this drought to continue into October, but they didn’t site their source for that prediction. I am really hoping that it doesn’t last that long!

68 Jaime McLeod { 07.30.12 at 2:21 pm }

Kim, You can always see up to four free months of forecasts here: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/

69 Jaime McLeod { 07.30.12 at 2:16 pm }

Neicy63 – it’s possible you’ll see some snow around Thanksgiving.

70 Neicy63 { 07.29.12 at 8:50 pm }

I was looking at the forecast for November 6, 2012 and I have a question about the weather. I live at the foothills of the Appalachain Mountains in Virginia and i was wondering if its possible we could see some snow. A late fall snow would be very pretty, or will the real snow likely hold off until winter? Ironic to be talking about this in the end of July but itl be fall before we know it!

71 Kim Kabusk { 07.28.12 at 10:22 am }

I want to know what weather in Jersey Shore (NJ) on August 18 to 25 this year to spend time with my grandchildren and family but I know it will be full sunny but humind and hot? Thanks Kim

72 conny O'Connell { 07.25.12 at 9:28 am }

Sorry guys but I think you missed the mark this time around. We here in the great lakes region are not getting the precip you predicted. Hopefully things will change and rain will come in Aug.

73 Tracy { 07.24.12 at 12:51 pm }

Well, the almanac was sure wrong about Illinois. I live in the central portion and we are having one of the worst droughts on record in the last 50 years. It is also 106 degrees today, with a forecast of 105 degrees tomorrow. There is NO wet this summer for Illinois. It hasn’t rained in nearly 2 months now. Twice we had a sprinkle. That has been it and the forecast doesn’t show any relief in sight. :(

74 t0ddberry { 07.24.12 at 6:47 am }

It is SO hot here in the greater St. Louis area. We’ve had weeks of 100-115F weather. It’s been a good 2mos since we’ve all had a really good downpour. I live off of well water. My well goes down 650ft deep but we are all scared the water table is drying up. This feels like apocolypitc weather!! When will it rain?

75 david munson { 07.23.12 at 6:00 pm }

we live in junction city kansas and we are in the field of ag and we are having one of the worst droughts we have ever had when is it going to break!!!

76 Mollie { 07.23.12 at 11:51 am }

I live in Northern Florida near Tallahassee. We have Several huge Pine Trees in our Yard. Lately the Squirrels have been tearing the Pine Cones up and the Pieces are all over our yard. We feed them Peanuts in the Shell and they are also going through a lot of those Plus, the Corn on the Cob.
I am assuming that we are in for a Hard Winter. This is Judging by what my Dad would tell us when we were young.
Does this seem to be Correct?

77 Jaime McLeod { 07.23.12 at 10:40 am }

Kristin,
It will be wet at the beginning of the week, with nicer weather toward the end. You can always see up to four months of our forecast for free here: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/

78 soonerchic { 07.22.12 at 9:29 am }

I would like to know if oklahoma is in for another horrible summer like last year. Please say no. ;)

79 Brenda { 07.22.12 at 12:20 am }

Can you atleast tell me when cooler temps will finally come to us in the southeast? I live in SC and it would be wonderful if we could have relief after this years warmth. I want to atleast end the year in a normal fall and winter with cold and rain. It would mean the world to all of us if this heat will go away. Thank you so much, stay cool in this scorching summer!

80 Kristin { 07.21.12 at 11:27 am }

Have a week in Hague, NY planned for Aug 4-11, how is the weather looking?

81 Linda { 07.19.12 at 5:26 pm }

From the looks of the map for Summer 2012, Illinois is supposed to be wet and warm. Where I live in Illinois it has been hot and very very very dry.

82 Jaime McLeod { 07.19.12 at 9:14 am }

christyz78 – “Unsettled.” That means gray, windy, drizzly. Nothing extreme – just blah. You can always see four months of our forecast here: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/

83 Jaime McLeod { 07.19.12 at 9:12 am }

It should be pretty hot then, Kathryn, but probably not into the 100s. I’ve never heard anything about staying out of the water in extreme heat. I would think just the opposite. Being wet cools you because as the water evaporates, it takes some of your body heat with it. The only thing you do have to watch out for – and this has been confined, so far, to the deep south and Florida, but may change after this hot summer – is that it’s recommended to wear a nose plug due to a deadly bacteria that lives in some very warm waters that is transmitted up the nose.

84 Jaime McLeod { 07.19.12 at 9:06 am }

Emily – Heavy rain.

85 Jaime McLeod { 07.19.12 at 9:04 am }

mazzapic – We’re calling for showers that day. Shouldn’t be too extreme. We expect the really heavy stuff to fal a bit farther south. Congratulations!

86 Jaime McLeod { 07.19.12 at 9:03 am }

We’ll be releasing our winter outlook in August, Theodore.

87 Jaime McLeod { 07.19.12 at 9:01 am }

Denise – I need to know the location of the wedding.

88 Denise { 07.19.12 at 8:43 am }

Can you please tell me what the weather might be like on 9-7-13. Planning a wedding. Thank you!

89 Theodore { 07.19.12 at 12:38 am }

How the New Farmer Almanac Seeing the Fall 2012 Outlook and Winter Outlook 2012-2013?

90 mazzapic { 07.18.12 at 10:32 pm }

Hi! I was wondering if there are any thoughts on what May 4th, 2013 looks like in Boston, MA. I am awaiting the arrival of my almanac in the mail, but am anxious to know as this is my wedding day.

91 Randi { 07.18.12 at 5:46 pm }

I cant wait until summer goes away. im sick of 100 degree heat and looking at the summer outlook “temperatures will stay high moving into August” doesent give me much hope at all! but when oh when does the Farmers Almanac see a cool down in TN? Will it be hot the rest of the year? because I dont like this one bit

92 Emily { 07.18.12 at 4:01 pm }

Any predictions for June 21 2013 for the Cape Cod area? Zipcode 02540. Thank you!!

93 Kathyrn { 07.18.12 at 3:54 pm }

We would like to go down the Niabrara River from Valentine, NE north on August 9-10th 2012 but we’re concerned about the heat/temperature and the heat index. Could you tell us what the temperature and weather are likely to be. And if the temperatures are over 100 is it recommended to stay out of the water?

94 christyz78 { 07.18.12 at 2:44 pm }

Can you tell me what the weather will be like on September 30, 2012 in the St. Louis, MO area?? Thanks!

95 skemp { 07.18.12 at 12:44 pm }

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

96 Jaime McLeod { 07.18.12 at 10:13 am }

skemp – Here’s what we’re predicting:

July 27 – Windy, possible showers.

August 10 – Fair skies, then turning unsettled.

Our forecasts are for blocks of 3-4 days, and the August dates are 8-11. We’re predicting nice weather for earlier in that block of days, and I can’t really say whether the unsettled weather (gray skies, drizzle, wind) will come before or after the 10th.

Of the two, conditions will probably be harsher on the 27th.

97 RLW { 07.17.12 at 2:31 pm }

not sure ya’ll are on top of the weather this year or last. your 2012 summer for Indiana is warm and wet. IN is in a severe drought and the temps are 15+ over normal. As for last winter, failed there as well. Used to be the FA was on the nose 99% of the time. Seems now you are off, way off, more than on. Still luv ya though!!

98 skemp { 07.17.12 at 1:10 pm }

Hello, I know the 2013 almanac won’t be out til next month but I have to choose July 27, 2013 or August 10, 2013 for my wedding date before the 2013 almanac release. Our wedding will be in zone 6, zip code 97035. Can you PLEASE help? I’m desperately seeking advise re: potential heat and rain for both dates.

99 Jaime McLeod { 07.17.12 at 12:50 pm }

Christie, We’re calling for the weather to be “Fair and cold.” No major storms are in the cards. Should be a nice, wintry day.

100 Jaime McLeod { 07.17.12 at 12:49 pm }

Wendy – We call for some rain by the end of this week. Hopefully we got it right.

101 Jaime McLeod { 07.17.12 at 12:48 pm }

Charlene – We call for some rain by the end of this week. Hopefully we got it right.

102 Charlene { 07.16.12 at 10:32 am }

It very dry and hot here in Michigan we could really use some rain do you think its possible we may get some soon preferably Macomb County Thank you

103 Wendy { 07.16.12 at 10:23 am }

Wondering when there will be relief for the midwest, namely in and around the St. Louis area, since we really haven’t had a wet and warm summer. More like dry, no rain and drought. Is there any relief coming our way soon?

104 Denise { 07.16.12 at 1:30 am }

Im sorry, but this summer is TERRIBLE. I live in Virginia and its been heat wave after heat wave. Im sick of the above average temps! Its this time of night and its very humid and still at 83 degrees. The farmers almanac was bang on, but this is just nasty! It hasent rained in idk how long. Warm-hot? shouldve went with “scorching, just stay inside” for the northeast and yet another heat wave, making a run at 100 degrees once again. It was a whopping 106 degrees last weekend. Im praying that we will get out of this summer in peace, and have the fall and winter colder. The northeast and mid atlantic is just melting this summer. Will relief even come?? we desperately need it.. Thank you so much for the predictions every year but im tired of sweating everywhere i go. I understand how everybody in the US feels because this is everywhere pretty much

105 Christie { 07.15.12 at 8:47 pm }

My daughter is getting married next to the smokey mountains in western North Carolina near the parkway. Were figuring the day out sometime in January, she wants that classical winter wedding theme. We’re thinking January 5, 2013 right now. Hows the weather looking? or am i not allowed to get a 2013 forecast yet? I hope its cold because if it wasent that would ruin the whole thing. Snows even better lol thanks!

106 Chandee1212 { 07.15.12 at 10:11 am }

Thanks Jaime, looks like I’ll have to rent a car and drive to get my maid of honor. I’am hoping you are wrong though. :)

107 Jaime McLeod { 07.13.12 at 10:25 am }

Betty G. – “Nasty weather – cold, wind, rain.” Sorry.

108 Jaime McLeod { 07.13.12 at 10:18 am }

Chandee1212 – We’re calling for “some snow in New England” that day, so it’s possible. Congratulations, though!

109 Chandee1212 { 07.12.12 at 9:53 pm }

Hi! I’m getting married in Portland, Maine on December 8th. I would like to know if there is any chance of a snowstorm from Boston, Mass to Portland on my wedding day. Hoping not as I want my family there! Thanks

110 Betty G. { 07.11.12 at 7:00 pm }

Can i get the forecast for November 23 please? i live in north carolina and we wanna know how the weather will play out for my sisters get together. Will it be sunny and nice? considering the fact it’ll be November we would be very very fortunate just to have sunshine and comfortable temps. Thank you!

111 Jaime McLeod { 07.10.12 at 10:27 am }

Depends on where you live, Diane.

112 vade210 { 07.09.12 at 9:53 pm }

Well here in houston texas looks good :D. Lots of rain lately it rains about 3 times a week and its been cool outside.

113 James L { 07.09.12 at 11:31 am }

I was in Delta Junction, Alaska last december through may, and it was in the -50′s and below. but now i am here in Wisconsin and Alabama visiting family, and it seems way hotter then usual. temperatures have been pretty normal in Alaska. i dont think there might be a big winter with all of these heat waves in the 48 state group.

114 ShawnM { 07.08.12 at 11:50 am }

I know this is the summer outlook and that the winter outlook will be issued in late August, but I would like to know what winter will be like for Missouri in 2012/2013? I live in Callaway County just outside the city of Fulton in Missouri. Last winter was horrible it was way to warm with only a small amount of snow. We even had a few 80+ degree days during last winter.

115 Diane { 07.07.12 at 9:27 pm }

Its been so hot lately and I was taking a peak at the long range weather forecast for the northeast and I was wondering when summer will start to lose its grip on us? Late August? September?

116 tlangford55 { 07.06.12 at 6:17 pm }

what kind of winter are we looking at in south central oklahoma

117 rubiy { 07.06.12 at 12:18 pm }

when can we expect some releif from these outrageous temps….we’ve had three heat waves………will the rest of the summer be super hot… I am looking forward to winter even the fall..

118 Tiffany { 07.05.12 at 11:09 pm }

Will this fall likely be colder and wetter than last fall near Shenandoah Valley, VA? When I start school shopping in late August for my kids, I’m gonna be buying them new jackets and coats for the chilly days we have, and im not letting it go to waste so we can have another irritating warm, dry and snowless fall and winter

119 Jenn { 07.05.12 at 10:23 pm }

Here in Texas we are still working through drought conditions. Average rainfall…was hoping for more than average! Nevertheless, we will take it!

120 Jaime McLeod { 07.05.12 at 9:58 am }

Sherri, We’re calling for a snowstorm in Maryland that day. Big one.

121 Jenni { 07.04.12 at 2:19 pm }

Can you tell me what kind of summer Southern Cali is going to have? Seems like we’ve been cooler than average the past couple years and it would be fine with me if we did that again!

122 Sherri { 07.03.12 at 5:57 pm }

What is the farmers almanac predicting for the northeast on December 14, 2012? I live in Illinois, but I am going to Maryland for a wedding at my moms house. I will be there for a week but whats being forecasted for the 14th? I would expect to have cold stay inside weather but after 2011′s mild December i cant rule out unusually warm temps. Thanks so much,
Sherri

123 paul { 07.03.12 at 1:58 pm }

It has been a ridiculously wet June in the pacific north west.So that prediction was quite off.

124 rubiy { 07.03.12 at 10:53 am }

It has been so warm lately, I wondering where’s the rain or any relief.
I am just waiting for old man winter to make a return…..

125 Rick { 07.02.12 at 9:43 am }

I’m sorry to say that your summer forecast for the upper Midwest has been a complete flop. You predicted warm and wet. It has been hot and very dry for the past month or more with no relief in sight.

126 Kaycie { 06.29.12 at 3:45 pm }

Hot spell in late June.. You were dead on Farmers Almanac!!! its definitely a scorcher outside. Thinking happy thoughts about this fall and winter, I can still dream about it. Forget summer, hurry up autumn

127 Ellen { 06.28.12 at 7:59 pm }

I live in Eden, North Carolina and I was wondering if we will likely be cooler than normal this fall?
Thanks, Ellen

128 BillieJean Morsett { 06.28.12 at 9:51 am }

I’m worried, about the weather in Texas. The heat has been so extreme. is it going to last? Is it going to get worse?

129 AnnaMom816 { 06.27.12 at 6:58 pm }

Great Lakes area not experiencing warm/hot weather? Find that a bit hard to believe. I live in northern Indiana, and it has been dry and very warm to hot for quite a while now. In fact, my local TV station is calling for a high temp of 101 tomorrow. It shows on the FA summer outlook that we’re supposed to be wet, but haven’t seen that yet either. It’s been so dry in Indiana that more counties than not across the state have active burn bans. Maybe the rain Farmer’s Almanac says I’m supposed to be seeing will happen in July and/or August.

130 Debbie P. { 06.27.12 at 12:45 pm }

101 degrees?? plus the humidity.. You gotta be kidding me!!! That is wayy too hot for Virginia. Bring me back the 70s. This is continuing through early July as well our meteorologists told us. Are these kind of temps gonna be common this summer?

131 Nick { 06.26.12 at 2:11 pm }

This is almost laughable. Could not be more “WRONG”. Washington, Oregon and Idaho are experiencing one of the wettest years on record. The last time it was this wet was 1996. We have almost hit our total average for the entire year….and its only June. Might want to re-evaluate your data…Dry….lol

132 becky fritz { 06.26.12 at 12:11 pm }

wow. did you get it wrong. i think you need to re-evaluate your statement about below normal precipitation and above normal temperatures in the pacific northwest. both were so far from being correct it is ironic. check out the weather the past 30 days in washington, oregon and idaho.

133 Jaime McLeod { 06.26.12 at 12:05 pm }

Just scanning some entries for the season, it looks pretty wet, Helen. You can see up to four months of forecasts here: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/

134 Helen St.Helen { 06.25.12 at 7:48 pm }

Does anyone know what is expected for fall/autumn 2012 in Ohio please???

135 brooke { 06.25.12 at 2:35 am }

I live in North east Kansas. Looks like we’re going to have another hot dry summer. Are we going to see any relief this year? Hoping it won’t last as long as it did last year.

136 Leslie { 06.22.12 at 4:04 pm }

I live in in the northeast, weve been well into the upper 90s and we had 2 days above 100. Was this the hot spell in late June that was predicted or should i look for another one on the forecasted date? (24th-27th)

137 Debbie Yokum { 06.22.12 at 11:34 am }

Looking forward to your predictions for the forthcoming winter 2012/2013. This past year was a real disappointed for those of us who like to Ski in the Sierra’s – the winter weather pattern was very hit and miss, good snowfall (powder) would come only to be washed away by rain or unseasonably warm weather. Keeping my fingers crossed that my skis will get lots of use this winter

138 Jaime McLeod { 06.21.12 at 10:57 am }

A. Adams – we will be releasing our winter forecast at the end of August.

139 A.Adams { 06.21.12 at 9:06 am }

What are Caleb’s predictions for weather this Winter in the WNC mountains???? Will we actually have a winter this year? Last year was such a disappointment. Thanks! A. Adams

140 Jaime McLeod { 06.20.12 at 8:54 am }

Joanne, You can see our long-range forecast here: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/

141 Jaime McLeod { 06.20.12 at 8:51 am }

c gills – It’s both. We’re calling for very dry conditions along the coast, with wetter weather just a little ways inland.

142 c gills { 06.20.12 at 7:23 am }

almanac says hot dry for eastern canada in one prediction
then you look at long range forcast and it calls for rain and more rain ,looks like were in for a wet summer
Seems to be contradicting.Wet or dry what is it

143 Kitty { 06.19.12 at 3:57 pm }

Everyone who is upset about it being too cool this summer is welcome to come to North Carolina and trade places with me! The last four summers have been terrible, long stretches of ~95 degree days with little relief. Please tell me we’ll at least have some storms to break things up? I’m off to check the state forecast…

144 Joanne St. Peter { 06.19.12 at 3:30 pm }

We’re having a family reunion the first week in August What will the weather be like in Hayden, Idaho? We’re having a lot of tents up, so are hoping for no rain.

145 Tess { 06.19.12 at 1:58 am }

The Farmers Almanac certainly got the heat wave in June correct! We are gonna be soaring up to 99 on Wednesday and Thursday!! (though off by just a few days)

146 Hot-n-Dry { 06.18.12 at 11:23 pm }

In south central Indiana…11 inches below normal precipitation…

147 lauren paige { 06.17.12 at 12:51 am }

We have a heat wave coming next week where well be around 92 (hopefully) weve been so miserable and cool in the northeast so far this June so we need to have our fair share of 90s because we got summertime to enjoy! I cant enjoy summer when its cloudy and below normal temps. Maybe the second half will bring some sunshine and warmth. Counting on July and August to bring us some REAL heat. Summer, Summer where are you?

148 Helen St.Helen { 06.15.12 at 1:14 am }

I think Farmer’s Almanac is a little of for Ohio. I live in Ohio and it is HOT and Dry!! We really need some rain! Can anyone send rain please.

149 lynnbalderas { 06.13.12 at 3:19 pm }

I live in Texas,what kind of weather is expected this summer based on the map?

150 Jaime McLeod { 06.12.12 at 9:27 am }

Tina – Are you sure you were looking at the right date? I don’t see anything about “fair.” Just “thundershowers” and “heavy rain.”

151 tina { 06.11.12 at 7:24 pm }

I am planning a block party July 28,2012..I want to know if it’s going to rain in Dallas Texas this is where I live. I saw that it says thunderstorms and then fair. I need to know asap.. thanks tina

152 Jaime McLeod { 06.07.12 at 1:27 pm }

beckyannkritz – Our forecasts cover an entire region. If we don’t mention a specific sub-region in the prediction, it means we expect the same throughout the entire area. Looks like we’re calling for storms, hail, and a possible tornado threat that day. Sometimes we’re wrong … (about 15% of the time, according to readers). Maybe we will be this time. Best!

153 Jaime McLeod { 06.07.12 at 1:23 pm }

Kristen,
No we do not offer more localized predictions than what you found in our long-range forecast. If we expect something different within a specific area, we usually mention it in the overall forecast.

154 Kristen { 06.05.12 at 11:23 pm }

Hi! I am as well having a June 23 wedding in Central Massachusetts!! Hoping for nice weather for outside summery pictures!! Fingers crossed! Any ideas on the weather for my area? I did check out the long range forecast, but mine, which is Northeast is basically all of New England and I’m looking specifically Central Massachusetts area. Not sure if any info like that is available. Thanks so much!!

155 beckyannkritz { 06.05.12 at 5:34 pm }

Sorry JAIME – I did check out the long range forecast but it doesn’t list anything specific for MN. ;>)

Worried Mom in MN

156 beckyannkritz { 06.05.12 at 5:32 pm }

Hi Jamie – we are having a June 23rd wedding / outdoor reception here in Stillwater, MN and of course are wondering about the weather?! Last year on June 23rd it was unusually cold (50 degrees) and this year now the temps have already been soaring! Just wondering if we, she says hopefully, could be having a nice stretch of 70′s in there that week?!! Oh, wouldn’t that be lovely??!! Worried Mom in MN

157 Jaime McLeod { 06.05.12 at 12:08 pm }

Jessica, be sure to check out out long-range forecast: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/
And congratulations!

158 Jessica { 06.05.12 at 8:53 am }

My best friend’s wedding is outdoors, on the shoreline of CT on June 30th — mine is two weeks later, July 14th, in the Hamptons, also outdoors. Please oh please let sun shine down on us. I’m afraid of the “spotty thunderstorms” that we have been experiencing here in NYC….. Will it get any better? xoxo

159 Jaime McLeod { 06.04.12 at 10:43 am }

Julie, We call for a lot of rain during that time period, which likely means it will be chilly for much of it. We do say it will be “pleasant” in the middle. We’re calling for a heat wave later in June, with temperatures in the 90s and maybe ever 100s. You can always see up to four free months of forecasts here: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/

160 joyce { 06.03.12 at 10:28 pm }

Now im just hoping well break out of the cool miserable pattern before summer comes to a start in just 2 weeks. Many people probably love the cool soggy weather rather than the heat but i love my summers! i want it warm and sunny so i can enjoy time outside. You cant do that with 70 degree temps all summer long!!

161 thos eden { 06.01.12 at 11:02 pm }

Here we go again with another dreary summer in Western Washington state. I’ve lived in half a dozen different areas of the country, and this is by far the absolute worst climate I’ve ever experienced. We’ve got Anchorage beat when it comes to gloomy, cool weather in the summertime. Summers here consist of perhaps 9 weeks, and that’s being extremely generous! I used to so not look forward to retirement, but now after being stuck here wasting my life in this forsaken part of the planet, I long for it so I can go anywhere else and watch the sun rise and set!

162 Julia T. { 06.01.12 at 12:03 am }

hello, does the week of June 14-21 look warm for extreme eastern sections of west virginia? The average that time of year is usually 80 maybe warmer but were supposed to be cool next week. Does it look like it will warm up into our summer like pattern then? or will summer be late this year?

163 Aaron { 05.31.12 at 1:45 pm }

We’re already having unusually chilly weather. Come on, tomorrow is the first day of JUNE!! Why in the world should we be talking about cool shots? We should be long done with it. If i dont see a heat wave in late June im gonna be disappointed

164 Anthonypilone01 { 05.31.12 at 1:32 am }

This year’s winter was a big, absolute disappointment for us here in the Mid Atlantic region. Since we are in the beginning of an El Nino pattern, I am still hoping we’ll have better luck for more snow this upcoming winter than last year

165 Helen E { 05.30.12 at 6:06 pm }

Of course it isnt gonna stay warm! I see another 2009. cool, chilly, annoying, wet, and miserable. 60s in June? what is going on??

166 Lori { 05.25.12 at 12:06 pm }

Thanks Jaime. Im already burning up. 84 degrees + humidity doesent feel too good! Believe me i think it is going to be a warm summer! I can tell

167 Jaime McLeod { 05.25.12 at 10:05 am }

I think it’s safe to say Florida is just about always hotter than North Carolina.

168 Lori { 05.24.12 at 3:58 pm }

im going to florida from June 26-July 3. I notice it says “hazy, hot, humid” for late June but i live in North Carolina so im not used to the extreme hot sun that Florida experiences!! Will Florida be hotter than northern NC around that time? I mean summers here are hot like everyone elses but not unbearably hot like it is down there. Any suggestions?

169 Brenda { 05.21.12 at 5:58 pm }

Temperatures near 80 all week then this weekend its gonna be almost 90 including memorial day. I believe its gonna be a hot summer! Its only May and im already burning up. Do you think temperatures will back off or will I cook? I live in Virginia and im used to hot and humid summers but jeeez! its only May. My air bill will be sky HIGH!!! This spring was very warm so its my fault for not seeing it coming

170 Jaime McLeod { 05.21.12 at 3:45 pm }

Cathy, You can see four months of more detailed predictions here: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/

Make sure you’re signed in, or get a free membership if you don’t already have one.

171 cathy booth { 05.21.12 at 12:22 pm }

I live in Scotland Ontario. It is terribly hot and dry here. Any predictions for the summer. Also, we are planning on going to Tobermory in the middle of August. Predictions for there also.
Thanks.
Cathy

172 Jaime McLeod { 05.21.12 at 9:27 am }

Elda,
You did not state your location, so I cannot give you a forecast, however, you can easily view it for yourself here: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/

Just click on your state on the map, and be sure you are signed in. If you’re not a member of our site, it’s free to sign up.

173 ELDA PEREZ { 05.20.12 at 12:59 pm }

MY DAUGHTER GET’S MARRIED IN SEPTEMBER SHE IS HAVING A GARDEN WEDDING. WE ARE WONDERING IF IT WILL RAIN IN SEPTEMBER? HER WEDDING IS ON SEPTEMBER 15, 2012. SEPTEMBER IS STILL HURRICANE SEASON SO WE ARE CONCERNED. THANK YOU.

174 Melanie Weiss { 05.18.12 at 9:55 am }

Do you know how the weather will be on Long Island, NY for August 25 & September 1?

175 Jaime McLeod { 05.17.12 at 12:56 pm }

Sorry Michelle – Our forecasts are made more than two years in advance and are only meant to provide a basic idea of what the weather will be. We cannot offer specific temperatures or anything of that nature. “Wet and warm” means there is a good likelihood of rain – probably not a thunderstorm or we would have said so – with warm temperatures – average for that time of year. Congratulations!

176 MICHELLE SINNAMON { 05.16.12 at 9:46 pm }

My daughter is getting married August 11 and was wondering what the weather was suppose to be all it sayes is wet and warm. Can you help me any better.

177 Lauren { 05.15.12 at 7:16 pm }

Its so nice to have normal temperatures.. upper 70s-lower 80s is exactly what i like to see this time of year. So what im getting out of this is just a normal summer for the east, i can already tell we wont be as hot as last year! Im all for a hot summer though

178 mattzweck { 05.15.12 at 2:04 am }

looks like it’s going to be a hot this year in good old southern California this summer
i remember back in 2010 when it was still almost 90 by 10:30 at night and at the coast
it was in the 80s. man it was hot you could fill your feet burn even with your shoes on. it was
that hot.

179 Deanna { 05.15.12 at 12:35 am }

Here in the northeast everything has just trended to normal since late march. Im not looking for an unbearably hot summer this year. The normal temps will probably continue on and thats a good thing! Well probably have heat waves but not as long as last years. just a typical warm summer. by the end of may-early june ill start feeling like its summer

180 Norah { 05.12.12 at 6:40 pm }

When is it going to get hot again? We havent had any summer weather to speak of yet! Im not looking for a hot summer anymore. This will probably be our coolest summer on record if anything. You would think you would see 80s by mid-late may in DC but thats not happening this year. I dont want an unusually cool summer!!

181 Jaime McLeod { 05.08.12 at 8:57 am }

yoverzon, We call for a very hot spell around the 25th – temperatures in the high 90s.

182 yoverizon { 05.07.12 at 6:32 pm }

Do you think it will be hot in the middle of June in Virginia? I atleast want it warm enough to get out and do fun stuff at the beach but im still kinda iffy if it will be because of how long weve been in the 70s and im just like “wow when will we make it to the 80s and 90s?”

183 Krystal { 05.06.12 at 9:50 am }

when will it warm up in the northeast? I havent seen any signs of heat yet so when will it happen? if it doesent warm up by mid-late May then im just going to give up on a summer

184 Lorrie { 05.05.12 at 11:33 am }

i live in new york and we have been below normal sine april!! It is may now and it should be warmer than this. This is probably going to be the year without a summer like in the 1800s. We didnt have a winter so what makes us think summer will be promised? if anything well have unusually chilly weather. I knew a summer this year just wasent happening

185 georgie mink { 05.05.12 at 4:57 am }

normal temps with normal to above-normal rain

186 georgie mink { 05.05.12 at 4:56 am }

no way this summer will be at least normal WITH TEMPS IN THE DEL VALLEY WITH NO UNUSUAL HEAT IN THE MID-ATLANTIC STATES

187 basket { 05.03.12 at 11:25 pm }

thanks jamie ur always helpful, and nice dog i think its cute:)

188 edwa5671 { 05.03.12 at 8:18 pm }

I live in Northeast Mississippi! We are always worried about tornados, for obvious reasons, this time of year. Do you have any predictions about frequency and probability? Also, we are less than a month away from hurricane season! How does the gulf look?

189 Patrick { 05.03.12 at 2:04 pm }

This prediction is a far cry from Accuweather. They are saying a hot and dry pattern for the Rockies and plains. Cooler pattern for the North East. And stormy pattern for great Lakes and Mid-Atlantic.

190 Angie { 05.01.12 at 4:22 pm }

will there be anymore hot days as we get closer to summer in north carolina? its supposed to be 90 degrees this thursday and friday

191 Jaime McLeod { 05.01.12 at 9:00 am }

Yes, we’re predicting more hot than cool days.

192 Jaime McLeod { 05.01.12 at 8:48 am }

Hi Nick, We just predict the weather, we don’t track actual conditions – the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration does that. We’ll be releasing our winter forecast at the end of August.

193 Nick { 04.30.12 at 4:03 am }

How does this compare to last year’s summer, more specifically Colorado? What will next year’s winter look like for Colorado and surrounding area? Thanks.

194 Alexandria Faye { 04.28.12 at 8:09 pm }

Im a northeast resident and im very annoyed with the cold temps. We broke several record lows plus snow. Is mother nature aware that its April 28th? I need to give her a peice of my mind! it isnt February ya know. She needs to hurry up balancing her checkbook and cash in her checks at the bank already! May is coming in just a couple of days. Shes awfully late beacuse summer is almost here

195 basket { 04.28.12 at 3:55 pm }

alright thanks jaime,i really appriciate it, do you think there will be more hot days than cool days

196 diane { 04.26.12 at 7:17 pm }

these cool snaps are worrying me about this summer. the last thing i want is another summer of 2009 when we had one of our coolest june and julys on record. Im afraid we wont get the summer thats promised here! when will we be done with the chilly weather finally here in DC area? will we see any precursors to this summer in the coming weeks?

197 Jaime McLeod { 04.26.12 at 10:58 am }

Sorry Basket,
Our forecasts are, by design, very basic, because they are made more than two years in advance. We don’t provide specific highs and lows. We’re calling for some very hot days this summer, which means the average lows will probably be somewhat higher than normal, but I wouldn’t rule out some cooler days. Any low temperature you’d see in a typical summer is likely for the coming summer. We’re not calling for any freakish cold snaps.

198 basket { 04.25.12 at 7:35 pm }

jaimie what do you think the coolest temps are going 2 be this summerover the great lakes

199 Jaime McLeod { 04.25.12 at 10:11 am }

Hard to say, Therisa. The first few days should definitely be pleasant, and there will likely be some calm amid the storms.

200 Therisa { 04.24.12 at 8:37 pm }

hello im going to vacation on June 18-24th. I know the 20th-23rd theres thunderstorms being called for but do you think we will still get to enjoy some nice, quiet summer weather too? idc if we get rained on or get caught in a thunderstorm in the evening for a few days because thats what typically happens at that time of year but did i pick the right time to go? btw im going to nags head beach in nc then to kings dominion in richmond va. (mid-atlantic area) thanks!

201 Jaime McLeod { 04.23.12 at 9:52 am }

Kathy, You can always see up to four months of forecasts here if you have a free membership to our site: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/northwest-us/

202 Julia { 04.22.12 at 1:59 pm }

So much for summer! were getting SNOW yes i said SNOW tonight! I live in western VA and im sick and tired of this chilly weather. It is not winter! This was not called for. Will May be warmer? because i see “cool conditions” mentioned alot in May! I about had enough. My garden will be destroyed. I am NOT happy. Will this be the last cold outbreak or is it all just going to continue? i wanna go the pool next month at memorial day weekend but if it doesent stop then my year is ruined

203 Kathy { 04.22.12 at 11:33 am }

I am planning a wedding just north of Seattle WA on July 28th. Will we have dry weather?

204 basket { 04.21.12 at 12:02 am }

i kind of think the same thing tornadoes2 but what is the coolest temperatures it is going to be for the great lakes/midwest this summer

205 Phyllis { 04.19.12 at 4:25 pm }

I was just wondering if we will see some signs indicating of whats to come this summer as we head through may and june? Im all for a warm spring and hot summer. im going south to halifax virginia from central vermont next week and staying until august to be with my family. How are summers like in the very bottom of our region? (northeast) i know im irritating! answering a bunch of questions a day must get old lol thanks :)

206 tornadoes2 { 04.19.12 at 12:29 pm }

i think the great lakes going to have hottest and record breaking temperature for the whole summer. above normal severe weather can i say maybe the day after tomorrow movie it will be like this year crazy weather for this summer and beyond.

207 Jaime McLeod { 04.19.12 at 12:17 pm }

Melanie926, Orlando is very hot and humid at that time of year – average highs are in the 90s/average lows are in the 70s. We do mention a possibility of rain on those days, but more for the Gulf Coast than for inland. Be prepared to sweat!

208 Melanie926 { 04.19.12 at 10:39 am }

Hello, We’re thinking of visiting Disney in Orlando in late August early Sept 8/26-9/2. Haven’t been before and was trying to anticiapte the weather…can you help?

209 Jaime McLeod { 04.19.12 at 9:06 am }

Malea, Warm to hot with average precipitation.

210 Jaime McLeod { 04.19.12 at 9:05 am }

Hi Keran, You can check out the weather map included with this story to see which area you fall into. Some states are divided. California is not this summer. All of California falls into our Zone 7.

211 Jaime McLeod { 04.19.12 at 9:04 am }

Brenda, We call for a couple f days with the potential to break 100 in your area. Can’t say for certain it will happen, but it’s possible. You’ll probably see some temps in the 90s by mid-June.

212 Malea { 04.18.12 at 9:54 pm }

What is in store for the Sacramento Valley,I live in Oroville.The forecast for the Northwest isn’t usually accurate.
Thanks

213 Keran Wilke { 04.18.12 at 8:31 pm }

I live in northern California, 28 miles east of Redding. Would our forecast be based on the Pacific Northwest?

214 Brenda McCraw { 04.18.12 at 6:16 pm }

I live in Virginia and I was wondering if we will see multiple days in the 100s? The heat wave in late June and mid-July looks promising. It might be too hot for me in the daytime. I guess ill go out at night and get me a nice moon tan lol.. When will we begin to see some 90s most likely if you know? Thanks for the summer outlook!

215 basket { 04.18.12 at 9:12 am }

thanks, i think it will probably be as hot this year as it was last i think the same 4 my state.

216 Ed { 04.17.12 at 8:37 pm }

i know but it doesn’t say if it is going to be as hot can you please answer my question and quit telling me to refer to the summer outlook because it doesn’t explain if its going to be as hot as last year in michigan?

217 Ed { 04.17.12 at 11:03 am }

Will michigan be as hot as last summer?

218 Jaime McLeod { 04.17.12 at 10:32 am }

Basket, It could potentially. We call for 90s and 100s in Zone 2, which is where Wisconsin falls on our map. Temperatures in 100s are more likely farther south in the region – Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky – but it’s not out of the question.

219 Jaime McLeod { 04.17.12 at 10:29 am }

Mia, you can check the map above and see what we’re saying for your area.

220 basket { 04.16.12 at 5:04 pm }

will it get into the hundreds in wisconsin

221 Aaron { 04.16.12 at 2:30 pm }

Well I have to agree on that one. I live in Virginia and it has been nothing but hot for the last few days and its only April! Are there probably going to be more spring heat waves? In May? maybe early June before summer even gets here? talk about not having a winter this year! where is spring? thats what i wanna know!

222 Mia Westrick { 04.16.12 at 10:56 am }

So is the great lakes the only place in the u.s that is not going to be hot this summer because i love hot summers do you think that it will still be above average in detroit this summer?