Register | Log in

« | »

What’s in Store for Summer?

What’s in Store for Summer?

No doubt about it, the past year has brought some strange weather. From last year’s hot summer, and accompanying droughts in the southern half of the country, to the winter that wasn’t and the freak early spring heat wave that brought July-like temperatures to much of the country, many of you are scratching your heads, wondering what’s going on. More importantly, you’re wondering what all of this will mean for the coming summer.

This summer, we’ve predicted that unseasonably hot and dry weather will be on tap for the Rockies and Great Plains, as well as the eastern states, while the Pacific Northwest will see below-normal precipitation.

On the other side of the coin, the Great Lakes and the Midwest could have above-normal precipitation, from locally heavy showers and thunderstorms. Across the Southeast it will be typical summer weather, complete with oppressively high humidity, very warm-to-hot temperatures and the ongoing threat of pop-up showers and thunderstorms, particularly in the late afternoons and evenings. The Southwest should also experience normal summer weather: hot and mainly dry, save for the seasonal monsoon showers and scattered thunderstorms over the deserts.

For Canada, our long-range formula indicates unseasonably warm to hot-and-dry weather across eastern Quebec and the Maritimes from New Brunswick northeast into Newfoundland.

Above-normal temperatures are also forecast for southern and eastern Saskatchewan, nearly all of Manitoba, and northern and western Ontario. Very dry conditions are anticipated for parts of southern Saskatchewan, all of Manitoba, plus northern and western Ontario. These very dry conditions could even spread north as into the Northwest Territories and Nunavut. British Columbia and Alberta should also see below-normal precipitation, though not to the extreme degree of the provinces farther east.

Southern and eastern Ontario, including the Great Lakes and areas in adjacent western and central Quebec, could see above-normal precipitation, in locally heavy showers and thunderstorms.

Look for a hot spell just about everywhere in late June, with temperatures soaring into the 100s in many areas, followed by stormy weather that will hopefully cool things down. The heat will remain turned up across North America in July, with unsettled conditions, thunderstorms, and another exceptional heat wave toward the middle of the month.

Temperatures will stay high moving into August, with more thunderstorms, except in the plains, where things should stay relatively dry.

Want more detailed predictions for your region? Don’t miss our long-range forecast!

224 Responses

1. Trying to get input on my big wedding day if it will rain or be okay it’s a outdoor wedding for June 6th 2015 and I live in silt Colorado witch is outside of glenwood springs co area couple u please let me know what it looks like thank u

by Ashley melton on May 24, 2015 at 7:06 pm

2. […] What’s in Store for Summer? – Farmers’ Almanac – No doubt about it, the past year has brought some strange weather. From last year’s hot summer, and accompanying droughts in the southern half of the country, to …… […]

by Farmer’s Almanac 2014 Daytona Beach Fl | Our Farm on Jan 12, 2015 at 8:11 am

3. Amelia – You can always see four free months of our forecast here: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/

by Jaime McLeod on Jul 2, 2013 at 4:04 pm

4. My wedding date is July 27, 2013 in south GA…outdoor evening wedding reception…HELP….says scattered PM showers for this date range. Any predictions for this specific, date, time, region? Can you send sunshine our way, pleaseeeee? :-)

by amelia on Jul 1, 2013 at 8:17 am

5. Cottage Grove OR ,warmish & Wet

by Rylee on Mar 2, 2013 at 5:31 pm

6. Melody – Dry and cold.

by Jaime McLeod on Oct 25, 2012 at 9:31 am

7. Sorry I forgot to say that I’m from Delta Colorado.

by melody wilson on Oct 23, 2012 at 1:56 am

8. I’m planning a October 23 outdoors wedding for next year .Do you think that it will be a warm day ?

by melody wilson on Oct 23, 2012 at 1:54 am

9. We are in North Texas and We’re wondering if We were going to get any chance of SNOW WEATHER the 2012-2013 Winter Season !! We had a Winter Storm…. blizzard in 2009 and We were wanting to see if We were getting anything like that this year.. A few People here are saying that we are going to have a BAD WINTER and the extent of that is what we WANT TO KNOW ! If there is any truth to that…………..

by Daneta on Sep 29, 2012 at 2:46 am

10. we live in north central west virginia and we are very hopeful that we will have a cold snowy winter .the oak trees and hickory trees and are black walnut are over full with nuts and the squirrels are filling up on them and the yellow jackets went underground earlier and there is a bunch in the holes even my hummingbirds left earlier.this is not for the summer of 2012 but for the fall/winter 2012

by thumper08116177 on Sep 27, 2012 at 11:32 am

11. What are winter predictions for November 6 to 15 2012 in Connecticut and New York?

by diane greene on Sep 23, 2012 at 11:04 am

12. like toohave almanac for2012&2013 weather for main brook nl or st anthony nl please thank you very much

by tina on Sep 7, 2012 at 12:31 am

13. What’s it looking like for Autumn in the Northeast as far as temps? Other than “frosts widespread” Oct 20-23, I couldn’t really tell if it’s expected to be a warm Fall, or if frost will come early. Thanks for your help!

by Becky on Sep 5, 2012 at 2:23 pm

14. I was looking at the winter forecast. Im getting a bit concerned about the mid atlantic. Will we have above normal snowfall as well? The northeast will have alot of snow but what about us in Virginia? Will we see our fair share too? I dont want our ski resorts to suffer a warm winter either! Thanks

by Brenda on Aug 30, 2012 at 6:04 pm

15. Kate – You can see your forecast for that date here: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/

by Jaime McLeod on Aug 29, 2012 at 9:54 am

16. Hi we are getting married outdoor Sept 15, 2012 just out of the Twin Cities in Stillwater MN, what is the weather going to be like based on previous years? Thanks! ;)

by Kate on Aug 28, 2012 at 9:27 am

17. Well now that September is just days away and in 4 weeks fall will officially be here, so winter must be coming awfully close. Think of how fast this summer has gone by then well “possibly” be fighting some awful snowstorms, in just weeks in time! thats if winter makes a comeback but I think it will. Here in mid atlantic (DC, Arlington, Alexandria, VA, Maryland) do you think its safe to say were done with the record warmth weve seen this year? Will things finally quiet down? Cant wait until sweet ‘ol autumn! also do you think our fall foliage will be earlier this year?

by Nana Joe Joe1210 on Aug 25, 2012 at 5:08 pm

18. Sorry folks, it’s getting to the point where it’s taking me over an hour each day just to provide these wedding day predictions. Now that our 2013 Almanac is widely available in stores and online, you can easily find this information for yourselves. Look for the Almanac with the orange and green cover at Tractor Supply, Wal-Mart, Sam’s, CVS, Barnes & Noble, Books-a-Million …

You can also order a copy in our online store here: http://store.farmersalmanac.com/staging/20090925001/farmers-almanac/c-4851.htm

Or instantly download a digital version (look for our special wedding planner, which includes not just the weather, but also lots of helpful wedding tips and lore) here: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/digital/

Or get a personalized wedding prediction, suitable for framing, here: http://store.farmersalmanac.com/staging/20090925001/c-5806.htm

Sorry, the last few weeks have brought the most requests we’ve ever had, and it’s just gotten to be too much to keep up with.

by Jaime McLeod on Aug 24, 2012 at 10:23 am

19. We are ready to choose a wedding date and we’re looking at October 4th, 2013 in Nashua, NH. By any chance does the very-extended outlook look good for that day?? Thank you!!

by Brian and Bella on Aug 23, 2012 at 1:15 pm

20. pameladr – The weather will be pleasant overall, but there could be some showers that day. Congratulations!

by Jaime McLeod on Aug 23, 2012 at 9:41 am

21. Bobbi,
    It will be cold and rainy with possible snow. You should definitely bring a coat!

by Jaime McLeod on Aug 23, 2012 at 9:16 am

22. Hi, hows November 17-23, 2012 looking like for western VA and Sugar Grove, WV. I am near Daytona Beach, Forida but I have family, and I want to come up there for Thanksgiving as well, I will be there for almost a week. Hows that time period looking up there? I dont imagine it will be florida weather anyway. Will I need my coat? brrrr… lol!! Growing up there, I know how cold feels, it gets well down into the teens and single digits in the mornings and a foot of snow may be on the ground. I remember winters up there as a child

by bobbi s on Aug 22, 2012 at 11:02 pm

23. hi im having my wedding march 23 2013 at Menifee ,CA what would the weather be like ?

by pameladr on Aug 22, 2012 at 2:13 pm

24. sarah beauchemin – I would need a location to give a forecast, but you can easily find it for yourself here: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/

by Jaime McLeod on Aug 22, 2012 at 1:46 pm

25. Planning a baptism bbq on Sept 9th, what will the weather be like??

by sarah beauchemin on Aug 22, 2012 at 12:23 pm

26. Carole Damon – Should be pleasant that day. Congratulations!

by Jaime McLeod on Aug 22, 2012 at 10:35 am

27. Hi Roberta,
    I would need a location to provide a forecast, but you can find it for yourself here: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/

by Jaime McLeod on Aug 22, 2012 at 10:29 am

28. I have an outdoor wedding to attend to on Sunday, September 2, 2012. What will the weather be like? Thanks.

by Roberta Freedman on Aug 22, 2012 at 10:18 am

29. Daughter’s outdoor wedding coming up on August 31 in Kansas City, MO. What should we expect in terms of rain?

by Carole Damon on Aug 21, 2012 at 11:16 am

30. Brenda, “Mild” for fall generally means warmer with less precipitation than what is normal for your area. This would differ depending on where you live. A mild autumn in Maine would seem chilly in Virginia.

by Jaime McLeod on Aug 21, 2012 at 10:13 am

31. FioreK – As I’ve said a few times on this thread, we will be releasing our forecast for the coming winter on Monday, August 27th. Watch our homepage for that.

As for fall, it should be pleasant, with seasonable temperatures, but lower than normal precipitation.

You can see a more detailed forecast here: https://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/

by Jaime McLeod on Aug 21, 2012 at 10:12 am

32. Ok, third time asking. Please let me know if you have an answer :) I feel ignored, HA!

What do you foresee for Southern California (LA) this Fall / Winter? Any wetter, or cooler than last year?

Thanks!!

by FioreK on Aug 20, 2012 at 7:44 pm

33. What does mild mean in October? Like normal? (60s and 70s) and typical chilly nights or above normal temperatures? I love fall and if we have record breaking warmth into October and November that will get me worrying! I just want some pleasant fall conditions before winter comes in, if winter even does come in this year. I would love to watch summer turn to a cool autumn in VA

by Brenda on Aug 20, 2012 at 3:27 pm

34. anedsall – We’re calling for thunderstorms.

by Jaime McLeod on Aug 20, 2012 at 1:21 pm

35. We’re calling for September to be pretty average for your area, Shannon. You can probably tough it out with some fans and maybe an inexpensive window unit (just sell it next year).

by Jaime McLeod on Aug 20, 2012 at 1:20 pm

36. K. Lewis,

We’re calling for thunderstorms in the days before the 31st, but it should clear in time.

by Jaime McLeod on Aug 20, 2012 at 12:13 pm

37. Hi everyone,
    We’ll be revealing out winter forecast on August 27.

by Jaime McLeod on Aug 20, 2012 at 11:58 am

38. How does the East Coast of Newfoundland – Canada look for winter of 2012-13, not alot of Dog-Berries out this year?

by Mikalah on Aug 20, 2012 at 11:21 am

39. Hello, will North Texas see snow for the winter 2012-2013?

by mdaniels on Aug 19, 2012 at 7:48 pm

40. Okay your predictions for the midwest summer were a little off it was hot and very dry for most of the summer hoping winter is better

by dernit on Aug 18, 2012 at 7:57 pm

41. Hey Jaime, what is the winter in Missouri going to be like? I’m in the central/east central part of the state. :)

by ShawnM on Aug 18, 2012 at 7:25 pm

42. K.Lewis, according to accuweather.com on 8/31 the weather for Long Island will be partly sunny and humid with a high around 82. Overnight lows around 66. No rain is forecast yet though the thunderstorms probability is around 24%. Looks like you will have a nice day to work with.

by jeklo24 on Aug 16, 2012 at 5:26 pm

43. what is the weather suppose to be like on august 31, 2012 on long island, ny? im getting married that day

by K. Lewis on Aug 16, 2012 at 7:09 am

44. Our AC broke and it is going to cost $3500 to fix because we need a whole new unit. My husband and I are trying to decide if we can suffer through the rest of the summer. We are in Northern VA. Do you think that the temperature will get cooler at the beginnng or end of September? If we only have 3 more weeks of extreme heat, I think that maybe we can hang in there. However, if it will be 6 more weeks, then I don’t know what we will do.

by Shannon on Aug 13, 2012 at 9:59 pm

45. Hi there,

Thanks!!

by fiorekat on Aug 13, 2012 at 7:51 pm

46. What does August 25, 2012 look like in Chico, CA? I’m getting married that day!

by anedsall on Aug 13, 2012 at 7:31 pm

47. Weather in Seattle on 9/2/12?

by NoL on Aug 13, 2012 at 4:35 pm

48. Should be snowy, Nora Linda J. We call for a few different snowstorms that week.

by Jaime McLeod on Aug 13, 2012 at 9:34 am

49. What is the week of December 14-22, 2012 looking like? Can you look at the forecast for me and see what that time period will be like? I live in PA, were gonna have a busy holiday season this year, got family coming here that week and i want the weather to cooperate. In December… you shouldnt expect sunshine and comfy temps but if its like last years, I better get those sun glasses and lay out in the sun. lol!! Thanks so much Jaime. I dont mean to waste your time any

by Nora Linda J. on Aug 12, 2012 at 12:46 am

50. Jill, What is the location?

by Jaime McLeod on Aug 11, 2012 at 8:03 am

51. Sorry Randi,
    This forecast was made more than two years ago, and I don’t have access to any more information than what it actually says. Happy Birthday to your son, though!

by Jaime McLeod on Aug 11, 2012 at 7:58 am

52. Pastor Tanya Smalls Glascoe – I’m not sure whether that’s supposed to be the 5th or the 15th. EIther way, you can see the exact forecast for that date here: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/

by Jaime McLeod on Aug 11, 2012 at 7:52 am

53. Bryan,
    We never erase or revise our forecasts. We compile our forecast more than two years in advance, and once we release it, it stays as is for all the ages – right or wrong. I’m not sure where you read a different forecast from what’s here, but it wasn’t ours. There is more than one almanac out there, so maybe it was a competitor’s?

by Jaime McLeod on Aug 11, 2012 at 7:46 am

54. Love the Farmer’s Almanac, but it is very curious that you ommited the south central area in the revised summer 2012 forecast. I read it in may and it said below averege temperatures in the south central area. We are at or near record temps. Is it policy to erase a forecast when is proves to be wrong? Please say it aint so, as the Almanac was one thing I thought I could trust!
    Bryan, simmerin here in North texas

by Bryan Bowling on Aug 10, 2012 at 1:59 pm

55. Hello! I am having our 11th Annual Back to School Community Festival Saturday September !5th 2012 from 9am to 6pm in NW Washington ,DC.please tell me our possible forecast on this day.Thanks.

by Pastor Tanya Smalls Glascoe on Aug 9, 2012 at 2:43 pm

56. it is very hot here in new york city they are always opening cooling centers

by USAclimatereporter on Aug 9, 2012 at 11:05 am

57. My sons birthday is September 9th and we are in the western peidmont of Virginia. We may go to the pool before they close a few days after. I notice the forecast is calling for thunderstorms but between the storms will it likely be sunny and warm temperatures? Like a nice late summers day? any more information would be very helpful. Thank you!

by randi on Aug 8, 2012 at 4:15 pm

58. Im planning to get married next year Oct 4th, or Nov 8th, 2013. Can you tell me what the weather may be like?

by Jill on Aug 8, 2012 at 12:03 pm

59. Delstein,
    We’ll be releasing the forecast on August 27.

by Jaime McLeod on Aug 8, 2012 at 11:54 am

60. Looks like your summer forecast was very accurate, except for some of the eastern Midwest precipitation forecast. This makes me excited to see the winter forecast. Do you have an exact date for when that’s coming out?

by Delstein on Aug 5, 2012 at 8:03 pm

61. I live in central Oklahoma…It has been unseasonably hot and dry…A repeat of last year…We are being plagued by wildfires and record breaking temperatures…When are we going to get a break and is it ever going to rain again?

by dbghoti on Aug 4, 2012 at 11:20 am

62. When are the high tempertures that we have experienced this summer expected to “cool down” in Minnesota?

by AER on Aug 4, 2012 at 9:01 am

63. Does southern California look like it will have a rainy winter? maybe a little el niño action? Thanks!

by fiorekat on Aug 3, 2012 at 5:05 pm

64. We’re not predicting a cool-down until fall, Norma.

by Jaime McLeod on Aug 2, 2012 at 10:43 am

65. In the mid atlantic, when will we a significant cool down? July was very hot but this says temps will stay high in August, but will it be as extreme? Can you help me any? Thanks

by Norma on Jul 31, 2012 at 6:57 pm

66. We are getting married on September 29th outside…. We live in Mid-Missouri and it has been so hot and dry. I am starting to think we should plan for an inside reception. Any idea what the weather will be like at the end of September?

by Rachel on Jul 30, 2012 at 7:08 pm

67. Hi I live in Missouri and I was wondering if there is any measurable relief from this drought in the near future. I just read in a Dept. of Natural Resources water conservation publication that they are expecting this drought to continue into October, but they didn’t site their source for that prediction. I am really hoping that it doesn’t last that long!

by Dawn on Jul 30, 2012 at 6:14 pm

68. Kim, You can always see up to four free months of forecasts here: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/

by Jaime McLeod on Jul 30, 2012 at 2:21 pm

69. Neicy63 – it’s possible you’ll see some snow around Thanksgiving.

by Jaime McLeod on Jul 30, 2012 at 2:16 pm

70. I was looking at the forecast for November 6, 2012 and I have a question about the weather. I live at the foothills of the Appalachain Mountains in Virginia and i was wondering if its possible we could see some snow. A late fall snow would be very pretty, or will the real snow likely hold off until winter? Ironic to be talking about this in the end of July but itl be fall before we know it!

by Neicy63 on Jul 29, 2012 at 8:50 pm

71. I want to know what weather in Jersey Shore (NJ) on August 18 to 25 this year to spend time with my grandchildren and family but I know it will be full sunny but humind and hot? Thanks Kim

by Kim Kabusk on Jul 28, 2012 at 10:22 am

72. Sorry guys but I think you missed the mark this time around. We here in the great lakes region are not getting the precip you predicted. Hopefully things will change and rain will come in Aug.

by conny O'Connell on Jul 25, 2012 at 9:28 am

73. Well, the almanac was sure wrong about Illinois. I live in the central portion and we are having one of the worst droughts on record in the last 50 years. It is also 106 degrees today, with a forecast of 105 degrees tomorrow. There is NO wet this summer for Illinois. It hasn’t rained in nearly 2 months now. Twice we had a sprinkle. That has been it and the forecast doesn’t show any relief in sight. :(

by Tracy on Jul 24, 2012 at 12:51 pm

74. It is SO hot here in the greater St. Louis area. We’ve had weeks of 100-115F weather. It’s been a good 2mos since we’ve all had a really good downpour. I live off of well water. My well goes down 650ft deep but we are all scared the water table is drying up. This feels like apocolypitc weather!! When will it rain?

by t0ddberry on Jul 24, 2012 at 6:47 am

75. we live in junction city kansas and we are in the field of ag and we are having one of the worst droughts we have ever had when is it going to break!!!

by david munson on Jul 23, 2012 at 6:00 pm

76. I live in Northern Florida near Tallahassee. We have Several huge Pine Trees in our Yard. Lately the Squirrels have been tearing the Pine Cones up and the Pieces are all over our yard. We feed them Peanuts in the Shell and they are also going through a lot of those Plus, the Corn on the Cob.
    I am assuming that we are in for a Hard Winter. This is Judging by what my Dad would tell us when we were young.
    Does this seem to be Correct?

by Mollie on Jul 23, 2012 at 11:51 am

77. Kristin,
    It will be wet at the beginning of the week, with nicer weather toward the end. You can always see up to four months of our forecast for free here: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/

by Jaime McLeod on Jul 23, 2012 at 10:40 am

78. I would like to know if oklahoma is in for another horrible summer like last year. Please say no. ;)

by soonerchic on Jul 22, 2012 at 9:29 am

79. Can you atleast tell me when cooler temps will finally come to us in the southeast? I live in SC and it would be wonderful if we could have relief after this years warmth. I want to atleast end the year in a normal fall and winter with cold and rain. It would mean the world to all of us if this heat will go away. Thank you so much, stay cool in this scorching summer!

by Brenda on Jul 22, 2012 at 12:20 am

80. Have a week in Hague, NY planned for Aug 4-11, how is the weather looking?

by Kristin on Jul 21, 2012 at 11:27 am

81. From the looks of the map for Summer 2012, Illinois is supposed to be wet and warm. Where I live in Illinois it has been hot and very very very dry.

by Linda on Jul 19, 2012 at 5:26 pm

82. christyz78 – “Unsettled.” That means gray, windy, drizzly. Nothing extreme – just blah. You can always see four months of our forecast here: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/

by Jaime McLeod on Jul 19, 2012 at 9:14 am

83. It should be pretty hot then, Kathryn, but probably not into the 100s. I’ve never heard anything about staying out of the water in extreme heat. I would think just the opposite. Being wet cools you because as the water evaporates, it takes some of your body heat with it. The only thing you do have to watch out for – and this has been confined, so far, to the deep south and Florida, but may change after this hot summer – is that it’s recommended to wear a nose plug due to a deadly bacteria that lives in some very warm waters that is transmitted up the nose.

by Jaime McLeod on Jul 19, 2012 at 9:12 am

84. Emily – Heavy rain.

by Jaime McLeod on Jul 19, 2012 at 9:06 am

85. mazzapic – We’re calling for showers that day. Shouldn’t be too extreme. We expect the really heavy stuff to fal a bit farther south. Congratulations!

by Jaime McLeod on Jul 19, 2012 at 9:04 am

86. We’ll be releasing our winter outlook in August, Theodore.

by Jaime McLeod on Jul 19, 2012 at 9:03 am

87. Denise – I need to know the location of the wedding.

by Jaime McLeod on Jul 19, 2012 at 9:01 am

88. Can you please tell me what the weather might be like on 9-7-13. Planning a wedding. Thank you!

by Denise on Jul 19, 2012 at 8:43 am

89. How the New Farmer Almanac Seeing the Fall 2012 Outlook and Winter Outlook 2012-2013?

by Theodore on Jul 19, 2012 at 12:38 am

90. Hi! I was wondering if there are any thoughts on what May 4th, 2013 looks like in Boston, MA. I am awaiting the arrival of my almanac in the mail, but am anxious to know as this is my wedding day.

by mazzapic on Jul 18, 2012 at 10:32 pm

91. I cant wait until summer goes away. im sick of 100 degree heat and looking at the summer outlook “temperatures will stay high moving into August” doesent give me much hope at all! but when oh when does the Farmers Almanac see a cool down in TN? Will it be hot the rest of the year? because I dont like this one bit

by Randi on Jul 18, 2012 at 5:46 pm

92. Any predictions for June 21 2013 for the Cape Cod area? Zipcode 02540. Thank you!!

by Emily on Jul 18, 2012 at 4:01 pm

93. We would like to go down the Niabrara River from Valentine, NE north on August 9-10th 2012 but we’re concerned about the heat/temperature and the heat index. Could you tell us what the temperature and weather are likely to be. And if the temperatures are over 100 is it recommended to stay out of the water?

by Kathyrn on Jul 18, 2012 at 3:54 pm

94. Can you tell me what the weather will be like on September 30, 2012 in the St. Louis, MO area?? Thanks!

by christyz78 on Jul 18, 2012 at 2:44 pm

95. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

by skemp on Jul 18, 2012 at 12:44 pm

96. skemp – Here’s what we’re predicting:

July 27 – Windy, possible showers.

August 10 – Fair skies, then turning unsettled.

Our forecasts are for blocks of 3-4 days, and the August dates are 8-11. We’re predicting nice weather for earlier in that block of days, and I can’t really say whether the unsettled weather (gray skies, drizzle, wind) will come before or after the 10th.

Of the two, conditions will probably be harsher on the 27th.

by Jaime McLeod on Jul 18, 2012 at 10:13 am

97. not sure ya’ll are on top of the weather this year or last. your 2012 summer for Indiana is warm and wet. IN is in a severe drought and the temps are 15+ over normal. As for last winter, failed there as well. Used to be the FA was on the nose 99% of the time. Seems now you are off, way off, more than on. Still luv ya though!!

by RLW on Jul 17, 2012 at 2:31 pm

98. Hello, I know the 2013 almanac won’t be out til next month but I have to choose July 27, 2013 or August 10, 2013 for my wedding date before the 2013 almanac release. Our wedding will be in zone 6, zip code 97035. Can you PLEASE help? I’m desperately seeking advise re: potential heat and rain for both dates.

by skemp on Jul 17, 2012 at 1:10 pm

99. Christie, We’re calling for the weather to be “Fair and cold.” No major storms are in the cards. Should be a nice, wintry day.

by Jaime McLeod on Jul 17, 2012 at 12:50 pm

100. Wendy – We call for some rain by the end of this week. Hopefully we got it right.

by Jaime McLeod on Jul 17, 2012 at 12:49 pm

101. Charlene – We call for some rain by the end of this week. Hopefully we got it right.

by Jaime McLeod on Jul 17, 2012 at 12:48 pm

102. It very dry and hot here in Michigan we could really use some rain do you think its possible we may get some soon preferably Macomb County Thank you

by Charlene on Jul 16, 2012 at 10:32 am

103. Wondering when there will be relief for the midwest, namely in and around the St. Louis area, since we really haven’t had a wet and warm summer. More like dry, no rain and drought. Is there any relief coming our way soon?

by Wendy on Jul 16, 2012 at 10:23 am

104. Im sorry, but this summer is TERRIBLE. I live in Virginia and its been heat wave after heat wave. Im sick of the above average temps! Its this time of night and its very humid and still at 83 degrees. The farmers almanac was bang on, but this is just nasty! It hasent rained in idk how long. Warm-hot? shouldve went with “scorching, just stay inside” for the northeast and yet another heat wave, making a run at 100 degrees once again. It was a whopping 106 degrees last weekend. Im praying that we will get out of this summer in peace, and have the fall and winter colder. The northeast and mid atlantic is just melting this summer. Will relief even come?? we desperately need it.. Thank you so much for the predictions every year but im tired of sweating everywhere i go. I understand how everybody in the US feels because this is everywhere pretty much

by Denise on Jul 16, 2012 at 1:30 am

105. My daughter is getting married next to the smokey mountains in western North Carolina near the parkway. Were figuring the day out sometime in January, she wants that classical winter wedding theme. We’re thinking January 5, 2013 right now. Hows the weather looking? or am i not allowed to get a 2013 forecast yet? I hope its cold because if it wasent that would ruin the whole thing. Snows even better lol thanks!

by Christie on Jul 15, 2012 at 8:47 pm

106. Thanks Jaime, looks like I’ll have to rent a car and drive to get my maid of honor. I’am hoping you are wrong though. :)

by Chandee1212 on Jul 15, 2012 at 10:11 am

107. Betty G. – “Nasty weather – cold, wind, rain.” Sorry.

by Jaime McLeod on Jul 13, 2012 at 10:25 am

108. Chandee1212 – We’re calling for “some snow in New England” that day, so it’s possible. Congratulations, though!

by Jaime McLeod on Jul 13, 2012 at 10:18 am

109. Hi! I’m getting married in Portland, Maine on December 8th. I would like to know if there is any chance of a snowstorm from Boston, Mass to Portland on my wedding day. Hoping not as I want my family there! Thanks

by Chandee1212 on Jul 12, 2012 at 9:53 pm

110. Can i get the forecast for November 23 please? i live in north carolina and we wanna know how the weather will play out for my sisters get together. Will it be sunny and nice? considering the fact it’ll be November we would be very very fortunate just to have sunshine and comfortable temps. Thank you!

by Betty G. on Jul 11, 2012 at 7:00 pm

111. Depends on where you live, Diane.

by Jaime McLeod on Jul 10, 2012 at 10:27 am

112. Well here in houston texas looks good :D. Lots of rain lately it rains about 3 times a week and its been cool outside.

by vade210 on Jul 9, 2012 at 9:53 pm

113. I was in Delta Junction, Alaska last december through may, and it was in the -50’s and below. but now i am here in Wisconsin and Alabama visiting family, and it seems way hotter then usual. temperatures have been pretty normal in Alaska. i dont think there might be a big winter with all of these heat waves in the 48 state group.

by James L on Jul 9, 2012 at 11:31 am

114. I know this is the summer outlook and that the winter outlook will be issued in late August, but I would like to know what winter will be like for Missouri in 2012/2013? I live in Callaway County just outside the city of Fulton in Missouri. Last winter was horrible it was way to warm with only a small amount of snow. We even had a few 80+ degree days during last winter.

by ShawnM on Jul 8, 2012 at 11:50 am

115. Its been so hot lately and I was taking a peak at the long range weather forecast for the northeast and I was wondering when summer will start to lose its grip on us? Late August? September?

by Diane on Jul 7, 2012 at 9:27 pm

116. what kind of winter are we looking at in south central oklahoma

by tlangford55 on Jul 6, 2012 at 6:17 pm

117. when can we expect some releif from these outrageous temps….we’ve had three heat waves………will the rest of the summer be super hot… I am looking forward to winter even the fall..

by rubiy on Jul 6, 2012 at 12:18 pm

118. Will this fall likely be colder and wetter than last fall near Shenandoah Valley, VA? When I start school shopping in late August for my kids, I’m gonna be buying them new jackets and coats for the chilly days we have, and im not letting it go to waste so we can have another irritating warm, dry and snowless fall and winter

by Tiffany on Jul 5, 2012 at 11:09 pm

119. Here in Texas we are still working through drought conditions. Average rainfall…was hoping for more than average! Nevertheless, we will take it!

by Jenn on Jul 5, 2012 at 10:23 pm

120. Sherri, We’re calling for a snowstorm in Maryland that day. Big one.

by Jaime McLeod on Jul 5, 2012 at 9:58 am

121. Can you tell me what kind of summer Southern Cali is going to have? Seems like we’ve been cooler than average the past couple years and it would be fine with me if we did that again!

by Jenni on Jul 4, 2012 at 2:19 pm

122. What is the farmers almanac predicting for the northeast on December 14, 2012? I live in Illinois, but I am going to Maryland for a wedding at my moms house. I will be there for a week but whats being forecasted for the 14th? I would expect to have cold stay inside weather but after 2011’s mild December i cant rule out unusually warm temps. Thanks so much,
    Sherri

by Sherri on Jul 3, 2012 at 5:57 pm

123. It has been a ridiculously wet June in the pacific north west.So that prediction was quite off.

by paul on Jul 3, 2012 at 1:58 pm

124. It has been so warm lately, I wondering where’s the rain or any relief.
    I am just waiting for old man winter to make a return…..

by rubiy on Jul 3, 2012 at 10:53 am

125. I’m sorry to say that your summer forecast for the upper Midwest has been a complete flop. You predicted warm and wet. It has been hot and very dry for the past month or more with no relief in sight.

by Rick on Jul 2, 2012 at 9:43 am

126. Hot spell in late June.. You were dead on Farmers Almanac!!! its definitely a scorcher outside. Thinking happy thoughts about this fall and winter, I can still dream about it. Forget summer, hurry up autumn

by Kaycie on Jun 29, 2012 at 3:45 pm

127. I live in Eden, North Carolina and I was wondering if we will likely be cooler than normal this fall?
    Thanks, Ellen

by Ellen on Jun 28, 2012 at 7:59 pm

128. I’m worried, about the weather in Texas. The heat has been so extreme. is it going to last? Is it going to get worse?

by BillieJean Morsett on Jun 28, 2012 at 9:51 am

129. Great Lakes area not experiencing warm/hot weather? Find that a bit hard to believe. I live in northern Indiana, and it has been dry and very warm to hot for quite a while now. In fact, my local TV station is calling for a high temp of 101 tomorrow. It shows on the FA summer outlook that we’re supposed to be wet, but haven’t seen that yet either. It’s been so dry in Indiana that more counties than not across the state have active burn bans. Maybe the rain Farmer’s Almanac says I’m supposed to be seeing will happen in July and/or August.

by AnnaMom816 on Jun 27, 2012 at 6:58 pm

130. 101 degrees?? plus the humidity.. You gotta be kidding me!!! That is wayy too hot for Virginia. Bring me back the 70s. This is continuing through early July as well our meteorologists told us. Are these kind of temps gonna be common this summer?

by Debbie P. on Jun 27, 2012 at 12:45 pm

131. This is almost laughable. Could not be more “WRONG”. Washington, Oregon and Idaho are experiencing one of the wettest years on record. The last time it was this wet was 1996. We have almost hit our total average for the entire year….and its only June. Might want to re-evaluate your data…Dry….lol

by Nick on Jun 26, 2012 at 2:11 pm

132. wow. did you get it wrong. i think you need to re-evaluate your statement about below normal precipitation and above normal temperatures in the pacific northwest. both were so far from being correct it is ironic. check out the weather the past 30 days in washington, oregon and idaho.

by becky fritz on Jun 26, 2012 at 12:11 pm

133. Just scanning some entries for the season, it looks pretty wet, Helen. You can see up to four months of forecasts here: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/

by Jaime McLeod on Jun 26, 2012 at 12:05 pm

134. Does anyone know what is expected for fall/autumn 2012 in Ohio please???

by Helen St.Helen on Jun 25, 2012 at 7:48 pm

135. I live in North east Kansas. Looks like we’re going to have another hot dry summer. Are we going to see any relief this year? Hoping it won’t last as long as it did last year.

by brooke on Jun 25, 2012 at 2:35 am

136. I live in in the northeast, weve been well into the upper 90s and we had 2 days above 100. Was this the hot spell in late June that was predicted or should i look for another one on the forecasted date? (24th-27th)

by Leslie on Jun 22, 2012 at 4:04 pm

137. Looking forward to your predictions for the forthcoming winter 2012/2013. This past year was a real disappointed for those of us who like to Ski in the Sierra’s – the winter weather pattern was very hit and miss, good snowfall (powder) would come only to be washed away by rain or unseasonably warm weather. Keeping my fingers crossed that my skis will get lots of use this winter

by Debbie Yokum on Jun 22, 2012 at 11:34 am

138. A. Adams – we will be releasing our winter forecast at the end of August.

by Jaime McLeod on Jun 21, 2012 at 10:57 am

139. What are Caleb’s predictions for weather this Winter in the WNC mountains???? Will we actually have a winter this year? Last year was such a disappointment. Thanks! A. Adams

by A.Adams on Jun 21, 2012 at 9:06 am

140. c gills – It’s both. We’re calling for very dry conditions along the coast, with wetter weather just a little ways inland.

by Jaime McLeod on Jun 20, 2012 at 8:51 am

141. almanac says hot dry for eastern canada in one prediction
    then you look at long range forcast and it calls for rain and more rain ,looks like were in for a wet summer
    Seems to be contradicting.Wet or dry what is it

by c gills on Jun 20, 2012 at 7:23 am

142. Everyone who is upset about it being too cool this summer is welcome to come to North Carolina and trade places with me! The last four summers have been terrible, long stretches of ~95 degree days with little relief. Please tell me we’ll at least have some storms to break things up? I’m off to check the state forecast…

by Kitty on Jun 19, 2012 at 3:57 pm

143. We’re having a family reunion the first week in August What will the weather be like in Hayden, Idaho? We’re having a lot of tents up, so are hoping for no rain.

by Joanne St. Peter on Jun 19, 2012 at 3:30 pm

144. The Farmers Almanac certainly got the heat wave in June correct! We are gonna be soaring up to 99 on Wednesday and Thursday!! (though off by just a few days)

by Tess on Jun 19, 2012 at 1:58 am

145. In south central Indiana…11 inches below normal precipitation…

by Hot-n-Dry on Jun 18, 2012 at 11:23 pm

146. We have a heat wave coming next week where well be around 92 (hopefully) weve been so miserable and cool in the northeast so far this June so we need to have our fair share of 90s because we got summertime to enjoy! I cant enjoy summer when its cloudy and below normal temps. Maybe the second half will bring some sunshine and warmth. Counting on July and August to bring us some REAL heat. Summer, Summer where are you?

by lauren paige on Jun 17, 2012 at 12:51 am

147. I think Farmer’s Almanac is a little of for Ohio. I live in Ohio and it is HOT and Dry!! We really need some rain! Can anyone send rain please.

by Helen St.Helen on Jun 15, 2012 at 1:14 am

148. I live in Texas,what kind of weather is expected this summer based on the map?

by lynnbalderas on Jun 13, 2012 at 3:19 pm

149. Tina – Are you sure you were looking at the right date? I don’t see anything about “fair.” Just “thundershowers” and “heavy rain.”

by Jaime McLeod on Jun 12, 2012 at 9:27 am

150. I am planning a block party July 28,2012..I want to know if it’s going to rain in Dallas Texas this is where I live. I saw that it says thunderstorms and then fair. I need to know asap.. thanks tina

by tina on Jun 11, 2012 at 7:24 pm

151. beckyannkritz – Our forecasts cover an entire region. If we don’t mention a specific sub-region in the prediction, it means we expect the same throughout the entire area. Looks like we’re calling for storms, hail, and a possible tornado threat that day. Sometimes we’re wrong … (about 15% of the time, according to readers). Maybe we will be this time. Best!

by Jaime McLeod on Jun 7, 2012 at 1:27 pm

152. Kristen,
    No we do not offer more localized predictions than what you found in our long-range forecast. If we expect something different within a specific area, we usually mention it in the overall forecast.

by Jaime McLeod on Jun 7, 2012 at 1:23 pm

153. Hi! I am as well having a June 23 wedding in Central Massachusetts!! Hoping for nice weather for outside summery pictures!! Fingers crossed! Any ideas on the weather for my area? I did check out the long range forecast, but mine, which is Northeast is basically all of New England and I’m looking specifically Central Massachusetts area. Not sure if any info like that is available. Thanks so much!!

by Kristen on Jun 5, 2012 at 11:23 pm

154. Sorry JAIME – I did check out the long range forecast but it doesn’t list anything specific for MN. ;>)

Worried Mom in MN

by beckyannkritz on Jun 5, 2012 at 5:34 pm

155. Hi Jamie – we are having a June 23rd wedding / outdoor reception here in Stillwater, MN and of course are wondering about the weather?! Last year on June 23rd it was unusually cold (50 degrees) and this year now the temps have already been soaring! Just wondering if we, she says hopefully, could be having a nice stretch of 70’s in there that week?!! Oh, wouldn’t that be lovely??!! Worried Mom in MN

by beckyannkritz on Jun 5, 2012 at 5:32 pm

156. Jessica, be sure to check out out long-range forecast: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/
    And congratulations!

by Jaime McLeod on Jun 5, 2012 at 12:08 pm

157. My best friend’s wedding is outdoors, on the shoreline of CT on June 30th — mine is two weeks later, July 14th, in the Hamptons, also outdoors. Please oh please let sun shine down on us. I’m afraid of the “spotty thunderstorms” that we have been experiencing here in NYC….. Will it get any better? xoxo

by Jessica on Jun 5, 2012 at 8:53 am

158. Julie, We call for a lot of rain during that time period, which likely means it will be chilly for much of it. We do say it will be “pleasant” in the middle. We’re calling for a heat wave later in June, with temperatures in the 90s and maybe ever 100s. You can always see up to four free months of forecasts here: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/

by Jaime McLeod on Jun 4, 2012 at 10:43 am

159. Now im just hoping well break out of the cool miserable pattern before summer comes to a start in just 2 weeks. Many people probably love the cool soggy weather rather than the heat but i love my summers! i want it warm and sunny so i can enjoy time outside. You cant do that with 70 degree temps all summer long!!

by joyce on Jun 3, 2012 at 10:28 pm

160. Here we go again with another dreary summer in Western Washington state. I’ve lived in half a dozen different areas of the country, and this is by far the absolute worst climate I’ve ever experienced. We’ve got Anchorage beat when it comes to gloomy, cool weather in the summertime. Summers here consist of perhaps 9 weeks, and that’s being extremely generous! I used to so not look forward to retirement, but now after being stuck here wasting my life in this forsaken part of the planet, I long for it so I can go anywhere else and watch the sun rise and set!

by thos eden on Jun 1, 2012 at 11:02 pm

161. hello, does the week of June 14-21 look warm for extreme eastern sections of west virginia? The average that time of year is usually 80 maybe warmer but were supposed to be cool next week. Does it look like it will warm up into our summer like pattern then? or will summer be late this year?

by Julia T. on Jun 1, 2012 at 12:03 am

162. We’re already having unusually chilly weather. Come on, tomorrow is the first day of JUNE!! Why in the world should we be talking about cool shots? We should be long done with it. If i dont see a heat wave in late June im gonna be disappointed

by Aaron on May 31, 2012 at 1:45 pm

163. This year’s winter was a big, absolute disappointment for us here in the Mid Atlantic region. Since we are in the beginning of an El Nino pattern, I am still hoping we’ll have better luck for more snow this upcoming winter than last year

by Anthonypilone01 on May 31, 2012 at 1:32 am

164. Of course it isnt gonna stay warm! I see another 2009. cool, chilly, annoying, wet, and miserable. 60s in June? what is going on??

by Helen E on May 30, 2012 at 6:06 pm

165. Thanks Jaime. Im already burning up. 84 degrees + humidity doesent feel too good! Believe me i think it is going to be a warm summer! I can tell

by Lori on May 25, 2012 at 12:06 pm

166. I think it’s safe to say Florida is just about always hotter than North Carolina.

by Jaime McLeod on May 25, 2012 at 10:05 am

167. im going to florida from June 26-July 3. I notice it says “hazy, hot, humid” for late June but i live in North Carolina so im not used to the extreme hot sun that Florida experiences!! Will Florida be hotter than northern NC around that time? I mean summers here are hot like everyone elses but not unbearably hot like it is down there. Any suggestions?

by Lori on May 24, 2012 at 3:58 pm

168. Temperatures near 80 all week then this weekend its gonna be almost 90 including memorial day. I believe its gonna be a hot summer! Its only May and im already burning up. Do you think temperatures will back off or will I cook? I live in Virginia and im used to hot and humid summers but jeeez! its only May. My air bill will be sky HIGH!!! This spring was very warm so its my fault for not seeing it coming

by Brenda on May 21, 2012 at 5:58 pm

169. Cathy, You can see four months of more detailed predictions here: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/

Make sure you’re signed in, or get a free membership if you don’t already have one.

by Jaime McLeod on May 21, 2012 at 3:45 pm

170. I live in Scotland Ontario. It is terribly hot and dry here. Any predictions for the summer. Also, we are planning on going to Tobermory in the middle of August. Predictions for there also.
    Thanks.
    Cathy

by cathy booth on May 21, 2012 at 12:22 pm

171. Elda,
    You did not state your location, so I cannot give you a forecast, however, you can easily view it for yourself here: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/

Just click on your state on the map, and be sure you are signed in. If you’re not a member of our site, it’s free to sign up.

by Jaime McLeod on May 21, 2012 at 9:27 am

172. MY DAUGHTER GET’S MARRIED IN SEPTEMBER SHE IS HAVING A GARDEN WEDDING. WE ARE WONDERING IF IT WILL RAIN IN SEPTEMBER? HER WEDDING IS ON SEPTEMBER 15, 2012. SEPTEMBER IS STILL HURRICANE SEASON SO WE ARE CONCERNED. THANK YOU.

by ELDA PEREZ on May 20, 2012 at 12:59 pm

173. Do you know how the weather will be on Long Island, NY for August 25 & September 1?

by Melanie Weiss on May 18, 2012 at 9:55 am

174. Sorry Michelle – Our forecasts are made more than two years in advance and are only meant to provide a basic idea of what the weather will be. We cannot offer specific temperatures or anything of that nature. “Wet and warm” means there is a good likelihood of rain – probably not a thunderstorm or we would have said so – with warm temperatures – average for that time of year. Congratulations!

by Jaime McLeod on May 17, 2012 at 12:56 pm

175. My daughter is getting married August 11 and was wondering what the weather was suppose to be all it sayes is wet and warm. Can you help me any better.

by MICHELLE SINNAMON on May 16, 2012 at 9:46 pm

176. Its so nice to have normal temperatures.. upper 70s-lower 80s is exactly what i like to see this time of year. So what im getting out of this is just a normal summer for the east, i can already tell we wont be as hot as last year! Im all for a hot summer though

by Lauren on May 15, 2012 at 7:16 pm

177. looks like it’s going to be a hot this year in good old southern California this summer
    i remember back in 2010 when it was still almost 90 by 10:30 at night and at the coast
    it was in the 80s. man it was hot you could fill your feet burn even with your shoes on. it was
    that hot.

by mattzweck on May 15, 2012 at 2:04 am

178. Here in the northeast everything has just trended to normal since late march. Im not looking for an unbearably hot summer this year. The normal temps will probably continue on and thats a good thing! Well probably have heat waves but not as long as last years. just a typical warm summer. by the end of may-early june ill start feeling like its summer

by Deanna on May 15, 2012 at 12:35 am

179. When is it going to get hot again? We havent had any summer weather to speak of yet! Im not looking for a hot summer anymore. This will probably be our coolest summer on record if anything. You would think you would see 80s by mid-late may in DC but thats not happening this year. I dont want an unusually cool summer!!

by Norah on May 12, 2012 at 6:40 pm

180. yoverzon, We call for a very hot spell around the 25th – temperatures in the high 90s.

by Jaime McLeod on May 8, 2012 at 8:57 am

181. Do you think it will be hot in the middle of June in Virginia? I atleast want it warm enough to get out and do fun stuff at the beach but im still kinda iffy if it will be because of how long weve been in the 70s and im just like “wow when will we make it to the 80s and 90s?”

by yoverizon on May 7, 2012 at 6:32 pm

182. when will it warm up in the northeast? I havent seen any signs of heat yet so when will it happen? if it doesent warm up by mid-late May then im just going to give up on a summer

by Krystal on May 6, 2012 at 9:50 am

183. i live in new york and we have been below normal sine april!! It is may now and it should be warmer than this. This is probably going to be the year without a summer like in the 1800s. We didnt have a winter so what makes us think summer will be promised? if anything well have unusually chilly weather. I knew a summer this year just wasent happening

by Lorrie on May 5, 2012 at 11:33 am

184. normal temps with normal to above-normal rain

by georgie mink on May 5, 2012 at 4:57 am

185. no way this summer will be at least normal WITH TEMPS IN THE DEL VALLEY WITH NO UNUSUAL HEAT IN THE MID-ATLANTIC STATES

by georgie mink on May 5, 2012 at 4:56 am

186. thanks jamie ur always helpful, and nice dog i think its cute:)

by basket on May 3, 2012 at 11:25 pm

187. I live in Northeast Mississippi! We are always worried about tornados, for obvious reasons, this time of year. Do you have any predictions about frequency and probability? Also, we are less than a month away from hurricane season! How does the gulf look?

by edwa5671 on May 3, 2012 at 8:18 pm

188. This prediction is a far cry from Accuweather. They are saying a hot and dry pattern for the Rockies and plains. Cooler pattern for the North East. And stormy pattern for great Lakes and Mid-Atlantic.

by Patrick on May 3, 2012 at 2:04 pm

189. will there be anymore hot days as we get closer to summer in north carolina? its supposed to be 90 degrees this thursday and friday

by Angie on May 1, 2012 at 4:22 pm

190. Yes, we’re predicting more hot than cool days.

by Jaime McLeod on May 1, 2012 at 9:00 am

191. Hi Nick, We just predict the weather, we don’t track actual conditions – the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration does that. We’ll be releasing our winter forecast at the end of August.

by Jaime McLeod on May 1, 2012 at 8:48 am

192. How does this compare to last year’s summer, more specifically Colorado? What will next year’s winter look like for Colorado and surrounding area? Thanks.

by Nick on Apr 30, 2012 at 4:03 am

193. Im a northeast resident and im very annoyed with the cold temps. We broke several record lows plus snow. Is mother nature aware that its April 28th? I need to give her a peice of my mind! it isnt February ya know. She needs to hurry up balancing her checkbook and cash in her checks at the bank already! May is coming in just a couple of days. Shes awfully late beacuse summer is almost here

by Alexandria Faye on Apr 28, 2012 at 8:09 pm

194. alright thanks jaime,i really appriciate it, do you think there will be more hot days than cool days

by basket on Apr 28, 2012 at 3:55 pm

195. these cool snaps are worrying me about this summer. the last thing i want is another summer of 2009 when we had one of our coolest june and julys on record. Im afraid we wont get the summer thats promised here! when will we be done with the chilly weather finally here in DC area? will we see any precursors to this summer in the coming weeks?

by diane on Apr 26, 2012 at 7:17 pm

196. Sorry Basket,
    Our forecasts are, by design, very basic, because they are made more than two years in advance. We don’t provide specific highs and lows. We’re calling for some very hot days this summer, which means the average lows will probably be somewhat higher than normal, but I wouldn’t rule out some cooler days. Any low temperature you’d see in a typical summer is likely for the coming summer. We’re not calling for any freakish cold snaps.

by Jaime McLeod on Apr 26, 2012 at 10:58 am

197. jaimie what do you think the coolest temps are going 2 be this summerover the great lakes

by basket on Apr 25, 2012 at 7:35 pm

198. Hard to say, Therisa. The first few days should definitely be pleasant, and there will likely be some calm amid the storms.

by Jaime McLeod on Apr 25, 2012 at 10:11 am

199. hello im going to vacation on June 18-24th. I know the 20th-23rd theres thunderstorms being called for but do you think we will still get to enjoy some nice, quiet summer weather too? idc if we get rained on or get caught in a thunderstorm in the evening for a few days because thats what typically happens at that time of year but did i pick the right time to go? btw im going to nags head beach in nc then to kings dominion in richmond va. (mid-atlantic area) thanks!

by Therisa on Apr 24, 2012 at 8:37 pm

200. Kathy, You can always see up to four months of forecasts here if you have a free membership to our site: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/northwest-us/

by Jaime McLeod on Apr 23, 2012 at 9:52 am

201. So much for summer! were getting SNOW yes i said SNOW tonight! I live in western VA and im sick and tired of this chilly weather. It is not winter! This was not called for. Will May be warmer? because i see “cool conditions” mentioned alot in May! I about had enough. My garden will be destroyed. I am NOT happy. Will this be the last cold outbreak or is it all just going to continue? i wanna go the pool next month at memorial day weekend but if it doesent stop then my year is ruined

by Julia on Apr 22, 2012 at 1:59 pm

202. I am planning a wedding just north of Seattle WA on July 28th. Will we have dry weather?

by Kathy on Apr 22, 2012 at 11:33 am

203. i kind of think the same thing tornadoes2 but what is the coolest temperatures it is going to be for the great lakes/midwest this summer

by basket on Apr 21, 2012 at 12:02 am

204. I was just wondering if we will see some signs indicating of whats to come this summer as we head through may and june? Im all for a warm spring and hot summer. im going south to halifax virginia from central vermont next week and staying until august to be with my family. How are summers like in the very bottom of our region? (northeast) i know im irritating! answering a bunch of questions a day must get old lol thanks :)

by Phyllis on Apr 19, 2012 at 4:25 pm

205. i think the great lakes going to have hottest and record breaking temperature for the whole summer. above normal severe weather can i say maybe the day after tomorrow movie it will be like this year crazy weather for this summer and beyond.

by tornadoes2 on Apr 19, 2012 at 12:29 pm

206. Melanie926, Orlando is very hot and humid at that time of year – average highs are in the 90s/average lows are in the 70s. We do mention a possibility of rain on those days, but more for the Gulf Coast than for inland. Be prepared to sweat!

by Jaime McLeod on Apr 19, 2012 at 12:17 pm

207. Hello, We’re thinking of visiting Disney in Orlando in late August early Sept 8/26-9/2. Haven’t been before and was trying to anticiapte the weather…can you help?

by Melanie926 on Apr 19, 2012 at 10:39 am

208. Malea, Warm to hot with average precipitation.

by Jaime McLeod on Apr 19, 2012 at 9:06 am

209. Hi Keran, You can check out the weather map included with this story to see which area you fall into. Some states are divided. California is not this summer. All of California falls into our Zone 7.

by Jaime McLeod on Apr 19, 2012 at 9:05 am

210. Brenda, We call for a couple f days with the potential to break 100 in your area. Can’t say for certain it will happen, but it’s possible. You’ll probably see some temps in the 90s by mid-June.

by Jaime McLeod on Apr 19, 2012 at 9:04 am

211. What is in store for the Sacramento Valley,I live in Oroville.The forecast for the Northwest isn’t usually accurate.
    Thanks

by Malea on Apr 18, 2012 at 9:54 pm

212. I live in northern California, 28 miles east of Redding. Would our forecast be based on the Pacific Northwest?

by Keran Wilke on Apr 18, 2012 at 8:31 pm

213. I live in Virginia and I was wondering if we will see multiple days in the 100s? The heat wave in late June and mid-July looks promising. It might be too hot for me in the daytime. I guess ill go out at night and get me a nice moon tan lol.. When will we begin to see some 90s most likely if you know? Thanks for the summer outlook!

by Brenda McCraw on Apr 18, 2012 at 6:16 pm

214. thanks, i think it will probably be as hot this year as it was last i think the same 4 my state.

by basket on Apr 18, 2012 at 9:12 am

215. i know but it doesn’t say if it is going to be as hot can you please answer my question and quit telling me to refer to the summer outlook because it doesn’t explain if its going to be as hot as last year in michigan?

by Ed on Apr 17, 2012 at 8:37 pm

216. Will michigan be as hot as last summer?

by Ed on Apr 17, 2012 at 11:03 am

217. Basket, It could potentially. We call for 90s and 100s in Zone 2, which is where Wisconsin falls on our map. Temperatures in 100s are more likely farther south in the region – Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky – but it’s not out of the question.

by Jaime McLeod on Apr 17, 2012 at 10:32 am

218. Mia, you can check the map above and see what we’re saying for your area.

by Jaime McLeod on Apr 17, 2012 at 10:29 am

219. will it get into the hundreds in wisconsin

by basket on Apr 16, 2012 at 5:04 pm

220. Well I have to agree on that one. I live in Virginia and it has been nothing but hot for the last few days and its only April! Are there probably going to be more spring heat waves? In May? maybe early June before summer even gets here? talk about not having a winter this year! where is spring? thats what i wanna know!

by Aaron on Apr 16, 2012 at 2:30 pm

221. So is the great lakes the only place in the u.s that is not going to be hot this summer because i love hot summers do you think that it will still be above average in detroit this summer?

by Mia Westrick on Apr 16, 2012 at 10:56 am