Farmers Almanac Weather

Full Moon

What’s in Store for New Year’s Eve?

What’s in Store for New Year’s Eve?

It’s hard to believe, but 2012 is just a few short weeks away. If you’re planning on traveling or celebrating outdoors, be sure to check out our long-range predictions first. Will you need to bundle up in lots of layers or shovel your driveway before heading out for the night? Here’s a look at what we’re predicting for your region:

Northeastern U.S.
Fair and cold initially, then becoming milder.

Great Lakes/Midwest
Fair, with moderating temperatures.

Southeastern U.S.
Fair and cold, then becoming milder.

North Central U.S.
Scattered snow showers.

South Central U.S.
Snow showers and flurries.

Northwestern U.S.
Scattered showers.

Southwestern U.S.
Clearing for the West Coast.

Newfoundland, Labrador
Stormy weather, then fair and colder to end the year.

Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Quebec
Fair and cold initially, then becoming milder.

Ontario
Fair skies are accompanied by moderating temperatures.

Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan
Scattered snow showers from the Rockies across the Prairies.

British Columbia
Clearing.

1 Deb Beggs { 12.16.12 at 7:52 pm }

looks like we are in for a cold Christmas in Arizona

2 Jaime McLeod { 12.10.12 at 9:47 am }

nancygraves01, this forecast is a year old. You can find this year’s here: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/

3 nancygraves01 { 12.07.12 at 5:05 pm }

The forecast for the monsoon season this past summer was spot on; I’m disheartened to not see much snow in the forcast for my area, but thank you.

4 willis Mcclour { 12.20.11 at 9:31 am }

Wedrove home from a visit to Missouri yesterday rained all the way! Now we are here mead ok weather is nice. Can do some last minute shopping!merry Christmas to all

5 Algier Bigger { 12.19.11 at 2:20 am }

I think we won’t have the same significant snowstorm like it did in 2011

6 Cowgirl { 12.18.11 at 3:34 pm }

We need snow here in SD. It’s been really slow hunting. We need snow and cold weather so the deer will bunch up and move more. I don’t remember a year that we haven’t had some snow on the ground this time of year. Yikes!!

7 Annie { 12.17.11 at 4:14 pm }

Would like to know the weather for Orlando, Florida. Thanks

8 James Atcheson { 12.16.11 at 11:02 am }

I Live In Punxsutawney PA I Need To Know If There Is Snow Between Jan 1 And Jan10

9 Janet Kays { 12.15.11 at 7:55 pm }

sure do wish we could have snow for Christmas, but clear soon after. Hoping to travel to see best friend right after New Years. Start my year out perfectly with only person I know wants the best for me. I miss them too much through the year.

10 Lynn { 12.15.11 at 9:10 am }

To warm here in Nutley, NJ… I want some cold snowy weather for Christmas.

11 velizabethwhite { 12.14.11 at 2:59 pm }

I want arctic weather and snow :-( All this mild weather isn’t good at all. (Nova Scotia here)

12 James Martin { 12.14.11 at 1:35 pm }

It’s 41 degrees, and Raining here in the Akron, Ohio area this afternoon, “it wouldn’t make me Mad if it stayed this way for the rest of the Winter”…..

13 Virginia Mentzer { 12.14.11 at 1:35 pm }

I hope to see snow here in Lebanon Pa it feels more like Christmas when snow is on the ground but says that we ain’t getting any for Christmas but not to much like last year we were snowed it our house

14 Mark Cruickshank { 12.14.11 at 11:48 am }

Raining and near 50 in Michigan right now. I work in an apartment complex and do snow removal there, so im down for a green christmas :)

15 Dan Schill { 12.14.11 at 10:13 am }

As of this morning we have about 1/4 of an inch of snow on the ground here in Deer Park, WA… We might have a green Christmas… “Won’t hurt my feelings”