Waning Crescent

Weather Quiz: Do you know what these winter weather terms mean?

Weather Quiz: Do you know what these winter weather terms mean?
Blue Norther is a term that refers to:

A squall is:

What is an Alberta Clipper?

What makes a snowstorm a blizzard?

A winter storm warning is issued when:

True or False: Wind chill is based on the rate of heat loss from exposed skin caused by wind and cold.

True or False: Freezing rain and sleet are the same thing.

1 Kay { 01.04.13 at 1:39 pm }

don’t usually pay a lot of attention to the weather. As I’ve gotten older, decided that I would.

2 Teresa { 01.02.13 at 11:09 pm }

Only missed one ! but I have lived all over the usa that really helped lol

3 christine worthy { 12.03.12 at 12:10 pm }

Yea! Got em all!

4 Karena E. Couey { 12.03.12 at 8:36 am }

Yay! Got all 7!! I’m from Georgia, but with my mom growing up in Pennsylvania, and my dad growing up in Kansas, I’ve essentially grown up around all of these terms! Not to mention, weather fascinates me! :)

5 Mark J. Goluskin { 12.02.12 at 4:08 pm }

I did better than I thought considering I am born, bred and always lived in So Cal!

6 John Mutters { 12.02.12 at 2:47 pm }

I scored 6 out of 7! Nice quiz Farmers’ Almanac! Winter begins in 19 days buuuuurrrr…

7 christine { 01.18.12 at 8:54 pm }

I missed 2, i like these quizzes!!!!!!!

8 Freda Hladik { 01.18.12 at 9:45 am }

Got 7 out of 7! Guess you learn such thingd living in Maine all my life.We do have lots of weather changes here,sometimes all in the same day.LOL.Thats why we are called “Mainers”

9 Roger D. Moravetz { 12.20.11 at 3:58 pm }

I got four out of seven and that was good for me… It was a great quiz..
I really enjoyed taking the quiz…

10 Lynda Hendrix { 12.07.11 at 10:39 pm }

11 Barb { 12.07.11 at 3:16 pm }

I got two wrong. Figure that is pretty good for an old person not knowing too much.

12 Jan Newman { 12.07.11 at 12:51 pm }

I got 4 not good but I did learn alot great quiz Thanks

13 I dont know { 12.07.11 at 10:21 am }

cool…I got all 7, talk about lucky guesses…lol

14 Rita C { 12.07.11 at 9:57 am }

Congratulations – you have completed Quiz: Do you know these winter weather terms?. You scored 7 out of 7. Your performance have been rated as ‘Unbeatable’.
Those questions weren’t all that hard. :)

15 Derek { 12.06.11 at 3:24 pm }

I got 6 out of 7. I watch the weather channel all the time, so that’s how I know a lot about weather. The only one I got wrong was the winter storm warning, but that’s ok.

16 Leo A. Maka { 12.05.11 at 10:13 am }

Wish you all the best up there.

17 almoore { 12.05.11 at 9:51 am }

——————————————————————————–

Sweet, some lucky guessing.

18 Beverly Stuart { 12.05.11 at 9:21 am }

I got 6 out of 7. Thanks for the info!

19 Beverly Stuart { 12.05.11 at 9:19 am }

OMGoodness, I’m shocked I got 6 out of 7 right!!! WHOO HOO :)

20 Karen Cole { 12.05.11 at 8:59 am }

5 out of 7……..always enjoys learning new things :)

21 Barl251 { 12.07.10 at 5:40 pm }

My Dad introduced us to the Farmers Almanac when I was very young. I have continued to read it and can hardly wait for the new one to be released. I love all the stories and info. Now my son is reading it. Thank You for keeping it going.

22 Darlene Butler { 12.04.10 at 2:58 pm }

loved the test only missed one, learned something new,my parents also loved the almanac,have used it for years

23 Dan { 12.04.10 at 8:41 am }

Living in South Dakota, we are exposed to winter weather that borders on insanity!!! Unfortunately, we experience most of the quiz related weather conditions on; what seems, any given week. 7 out of 7 :(

I really need to move south!!!!

24 SUSAN RAE { 12.02.10 at 10:15 am }

I just signed up to get email from you all and I love it! Great stories, knowledge, and facts to use down the road. My dad used to swear by you all, now I know why!!

25 frances gooch { 12.02.10 at 7:22 am }

Great quiz, keep up the good work.

26 willie { 12.02.10 at 5:29 am }

Great to learn more information about the weather knowledge is power missed two out of seven great for a southerner

27 Katherine James { 12.02.10 at 2:18 am }

I got 6 out of 7. I learned what a squall was. Living in the Rockies the rest are familiar. It was an interesting quiz.

28 Dan { 12.02.10 at 1:19 am }

7 for 7!!!! My years in the cold Wyoming plains groomed me for this quiz! I remember working in the oil field with the cold so bad nothing motorized would work. One of the reasons Virginia is now so appealing to me!

29 Carole Golitko { 12.01.10 at 9:56 pm }

Yahoo all 7 right I`m a true New Englander.

30 Snowlover { 12.01.10 at 7:21 pm }

I enjoyed taking this quiz. I did well too, only 2 wrong. The blue norther got me along with the definition of a blizzard. We don’t get too many of those:) Flurries in the forecast:) More quizzes please!

31 Caryl Crook { 12.01.10 at 7:15 pm }

This is a great and fun way to learn new things.

32 Yoya { 12.01.10 at 6:14 pm }

Wow! interesting! I got a “GOOD” score but I missed the two multiple choice questions.
Thank you for the weather class, I have always enjoyed learning about this!

33 Judy Burke { 12.01.10 at 6:01 pm }

Enjoyed your quiz and look forward to more. Your newsletter is much appreciated, and I have fun making “pronouncements” and adding, “because the Farmers Almanac said so”!

34 Anthony { 12.01.10 at 5:45 pm }

7 out of 7! Living in the North Western United States we see a lot of these winter conditions. Only one of the 7 I haven’t heard of was the blue norther, which I had to guess on, so I can safely say I’ve learned something new today.

35 Bonnie Lepre { 12.01.10 at 2:05 pm }

And I thought I knew it ALL!

36 cindy { 12.01.10 at 1:30 pm }

I’ve been educated, Thanks

37 Chris Wight { 12.01.10 at 11:56 am }

It’s such a comfort to count on nature and our own attention to the feel of the environment to trust our instincts (most the time). Thanks for being there helping us connect to nature in natural ways!

38 Roger Trussell { 12.01.10 at 10:44 am }

Greatly appreciate your newsletter! The quiz reminded me of terms we used back home in Texas. The “Blue Norther” was something that chilled the adults and excited us kids.

39 Susan Dawson { 12.01.10 at 10:24 am }

I just love your information and it is a comfort to me because you have been around longer than me. Keep up the good work.