Farmers Almanac Weather

Waxing Crescent

What’s Your Weather Personality?

What’s Your Weather Personality?

Take this quiz to find out what the weather says about your personality:

1. What type of storm do you prefer?
a) Thunderstorm
b) Snowstorm
c) Gentle rain (no thunder)
d) None: Bring on sunny days and blue skies every day

2. What is your favorite weather season?
a) Summer
b) Winter
c) Fall
d) Spring

3. When it snows you:
a) Jump up and down like a kid
b) Head outside immediately
c) Bundle up with a warm blanket
d) Book the first flight to a warm beach

4. How hot is too hot?
a) 75° F
b) 85° F
c) 95° F
d) 100° F

5. What is your ideal weather day?
a) Stormy with rain or snow
b) Sunny but cool to cold
c) Overcast but warm
d) Sunny and hot

6. Sunny warm days make you ….
a) Bored
b) Miserable
c) Full of energy
d) Happy

So what’s your weather personality?

Give yourself 5 points for each A, 4 for each B, 3 for each C, and 2 points for each D.

If your total score was between 24 and 30 points, you are the type of person who likes action. You don’t mind being in noisy areas, enjoy the outdoors and can be described as adventurous. You don’t mind rough conditions, and weather the storms in life with a good attitude. You enjoy changes and get bored if everything stays the same for too long.

If your total score was between 18 and 23, you are an all-around outdoor lover. Rain or shine, heat or snow, you are satisfied with whatever comes your way. You don’t go out of your way to seek adventure, but you don’t hide from it, either. No matter where you are, or what time of year, you’ll find a way to make the most of it and enjoy yourself.

If your total score was between 12 and 17, you are a sun worshiper. You love being outdoors, but only when the weather suits you. The very sight of snow or grey skies sends you running for cover. You would rather spend a quiet day in the garden or relaxing on the beach than roughing it in the wilderness.

1 Cindy { 08.19.14 at 10:21 am }

16 points..Sun Worshiper

2 Jose A. { 08.18.14 at 9:14 pm }

I think some of these questions could be improved. What if you like both rain and snow? Both cold and hot? I am one of those people. However, my season personality would be summer or fall. I live in an area where summer temperatures 100 degrees and above are the norm. I am used to those temperatures and am not feeling bad about them. Too hot for me would be anything above 117 degrees. I don’t live in the desert; I live in central California where it rains in the winter and snow in California is only normal in the mountains. I’m not for winter so much because it’s so gloomy and not full of life like the rest of the year. Winter is hard and dark. I know there’s positives too, but I personally prefer summer instead, because it has a lot of fun stuff to do. This time I am going to miss the summer. My weather preference used to be hot, until about eight years ago, when I switched to anything but the most severe. I don’t complain about the weather unless it gets too severe. I like being outdoors no matter the weather; I would just be careful. I don’t miss winter; I have never been a huge fan of it. I’m choosing to be different – to love just about any weather. The only thing wrong is bad clothing; but no bad weather. I could take the snow; just no severe blizzards. And take it either hot or cold to a certain degree, too. So I am probably having a hard time finding out my weather personality.

3 Linda { 08.18.14 at 7:48 pm }

I scored a 20..

4 Deb { 08.18.14 at 6:50 pm }

My score is 20, partially right. I do usually make the best of the weather. However, I hate winters when I have to drive on ice or lots of snow going to work. If I could just stay home on those days I would be totally happy. I prefer cooler (40-70) weather. I love Fall, it just doesn’t last long enough!

5 Eric { 08.18.14 at 5:04 pm }

My score was a 22. Describes me just like a good day should be. I like storms and like to sit out on the porch to watch them. I also like a good cool day as well, so I can get out to either go for a brisk walk or a good bicycle ride. Just as long there is no mosquitos around (lol).

6 Mike Duncan { 08.18.14 at 4:37 pm }

27 adventurous action Yes!

7 Donetta Yates { 08.18.14 at 3:53 pm }

my score is 20

8 winter gal { 08.18.14 at 3:29 pm }

scored 19….nope I do not like any kind of weather!!!!
Love winter, hate summer!

9 WinterLover { 08.18.14 at 3:11 pm }

I got 22, but I don’t care for the heat. It doesn’t get too hot here in Virginia to some, but anything over 75° and I hate the outdoors! Bring on the Fall/Winter and give me lots of snow!!

10 Marla { 08.18.14 at 2:55 pm }

Mine was right on the dot – 16 I knew I was a warm weather summer lady!

11 Stephanie { 08.18.14 at 1:53 pm }

I scored 27. I hate the heat. I don’t like the sun, it burns my pale skin. I LOVE rainy, stormy, cool, overcast weather….Bring on the gloom!!

12 kellyv { 04.30.14 at 6:01 pm }

I scored 20 but I should be less then 18

13 lori { 04.30.14 at 12:10 pm }

My score was a 18 …but I am such a sun worshiper I would rake the beach and sunny days over the snow ANY day!!

14 Carla { 04.29.14 at 8:48 pm }

25 yep that’s me . I love storms especially Blizzards let it snow let it snow let it snow .Love my cold weather …

15 Isabel Santamaria { 04.29.14 at 6:26 pm }

Sunny and warm was left out but living in the SW I like the sun and heat. Score was on target, 18 – 23. Love looking forward to the changing seasons, especially spring. I like snow and an occasional cloudy day but don’t see how anyone can live in the upper mid west or Northeast.

16 kay taylor { 04.29.14 at 3:25 pm }

mine was 16 that is me for sure

17 michele verzwyvelt { 04.29.14 at 2:45 pm }

17 is me .

18 AD { 04.29.14 at 2:40 pm }

22 and absolutely correct!

19 Karen { 04.29.14 at 2:39 pm }

22=love the snow and cool weather. I, too, could go from Spring to Fall weather! I do get cold, but that’s the great thing….I can bundle up. I love the ocean beach in January (in NJ), when I sit on my chair all bundled in blankets admiring the ocean!

20 ohaki { 04.29.14 at 2:24 pm }

Score = 18. I like to ride my bike & the rain/snow doesn’t help with that. Aside from that; there’s nothing about the weather which affects my daily life….Finally, has this site ever heard of a survey where you click your selection & the answer is pooled and calculated for you!!!?

21 Phyllis { 04.29.14 at 1:46 pm }

Mine was a 22 but the heat part…no way…I am NOT a summer or hot weather person..I could go from Spring right back into Fall..:)

22 Debra Ream { 04.29.14 at 1:42 pm }

That was perfect!

23 rickels56 { 11.04.13 at 3:51 pm }

Awesome quiz, its like somebody was able to read my mind.

24 Susanne Bohnenkamp Carpenter { 07.29.13 at 10:08 am }

I can’t help wonder if the outcome would have been different if I didn’t live in “Hell” in the summer

25 MrsHubert { 07.29.13 at 9:43 am }

if it is gonna rain…it best get as close to a tornado as possible or else be 85ish and dry and if it is gonna be cold may as well be snow or else whats the point…….. i think i fit into each category a lil.. im not big on crowds but i am extremely adventurous…. i love warmth but not humidity.. i love beaches and sunbathing but not in a lazy sort of way and i run outside for snow even if it is 4 am ; ) i do need changes or i get bored but i scored 19 points.

26 Patty { 07.29.13 at 12:32 am }

I scored 23 points but definitely not outdoorsy except to change water. I love storms but they do not love me. I love sunshine but have to be careful in it but better than inversions. Whomever came up with this test, well, they need to think again. When young I was a sun worshiper, big mistake. I worked and played hard, now, age is showing that was not such a good idea. But love sitting by a window, watching weather, rain or snow or shine @ 75 degrees at most. LOL

27 dubleott { 07.28.13 at 9:17 pm }

23. Yup, that’s me, The outdoor type: Out the door every chance I get

28 Muck Boot Diva { 07.28.13 at 4:58 pm }

The answers were not accurate for me to choose from. I love arid hot days. There is a huge difference. I love the Spring and the Fall in a warm area like Texas that is arid. So, yes — I am active — there. It is due to medical issues that I feel better in that sort of area. Right now, I am in NYS — much tougher to deal with. I completely fall apart in humidity or freezing cold — but it is beautiful here. Weather is just hard for some people with medical issues.

29 Shelley { 07.28.13 at 10:46 am }

I scored 24. I do not like being outdoors, I do not like noise (crowds etc) I am not considered (by all accounts) an “adventurous” person…. yet I answered the questions exactly how I feel, and as to what I like for weather conditions…so I’m not sure this a totally accurate account of ME! LOL

30 Rdailey { 12.03.11 at 6:39 pm }

I LOOOOVE a good Thunderstorm…and I do run outside when it snows in Houston..this quiz hit the nail on the head with me.

31 Colson { 03.13.11 at 11:36 am }

I love that good ol’ cold weather

32 sammystk12 { 12.06.10 at 8:31 pm }

LET IT SNOW , ALLL THE TIME EVERYDAY ALLDAY

33 Emma Glaser { 11.08.10 at 2:20 pm }

Thats me LOVE that Sun. First snowflake and I am indoor bundled up with a good book and waiting for SPRING

34 janice { 11.08.10 at 9:35 am }

This was really accurate!

35 Christian { 11.07.10 at 7:15 pm }

I’m a person who loves the snowstorms

36 Paul M { 11.07.10 at 1:58 pm }

this was spot on for me!

37 Michelle { 11.05.10 at 4:08 pm }

I’m a sun worshiper. I love the summer time & warm weather months. I hate the winter time, & don’t like rain too much either.

38 nancy { 11.05.10 at 10:09 am }

Joycee I’m with you! I absolutely love a storm and the more thunder I hear the better I like it! I get alot of energy when it’s overcast and raining. When the sun is out in the summer time I get depressed, and espically when it’s hot and humid! The perfect temp. for me is 73 degree’s!

39 bakerman44 { 11.04.10 at 5:58 pm }

most of the answers i got did not fit me at all.when it snows i make soup.cloudy days are alright if cool not cold. cannot stand anything above 65. i wrk best at his kind of weather. fall is great.

40 pumpkin pie { 11.04.10 at 6:40 am }

Hi, it’s me again. They changed the scoring chart since the last time I did the test. This time I fell in the right category. I scored 16. Now the test makes sense to me.

41 Joycee { 11.04.10 at 5:59 am }

My score was a 26. I too love the midwest with the distinct 4 seasons. When I see the first snow fall of the year I first jump up and down like a kid then head directly outside. Fall is my favorite though. I love the crisp clean air, the leaves crackling underfoot and the wonderful colors that surround us. I also love good hearty thunderstorms. They make me come alive. I feel totally rejuvenated when I hear rumble of thunder and see the lightning flash across the sky.

42 K Stephen { 11.03.10 at 9:35 pm }

It must be an age thing because the older I get, the lower my score. Of course, being raised in Florida doesn’t help the score either.

43 Wallissa Dippold { 11.03.10 at 6:00 pm }

I was 26 possible27. I love thunderstorms and blizzards! If it’s going to snow, let it fall. I can’t take the heat and humidity, if feel like a dishrag. A sunny day is nice if its cool. The crisp clear days of autumn are the best!

44 cindy { 11.03.10 at 1:24 pm }

With 26 points the quiz results fit me to a tee, I love living in the midwest where I can enjoy all of the seasons, last winter was great our first real white Christmas in ages!

45 Charlie McFarlan { 11.03.10 at 11:54 am }

When I was a kid here in Southern Oregon I used to LOVE the snow. 6feet deep and 20 below zero didn’t bother me. But now I’m in my 50′s and have fibromyalgia. I do very well in High Pressure area’s, but any low pressure and I ache and hurt all over. Warm weather helps, but cold-rainy days really put me under. I love the late spring into Summer and into early Fall. I don’t mind shoveling snow if I HAVE to, but I hurt like a wounded angry bear for three days after. Nope, I’ll take Summer and any place warm, away from low pressure.

46 Jan Newman { 11.03.10 at 11:08 am }

I took the quiz first time I scored 20 and it is right on I am 62 and as get older I wonder if I also will change like one person said they did

47 Beverly { 11.03.10 at 10:59 am }

Since I lived in the Pacific Northwest, I love the gentle rain, it does thunder here that much but the rain, I find pleasant, overall it’s very nice to walk in.

48 H.Mavis { 11.03.10 at 9:55 am }

Hot weather makes me melt and I feel cranky and tired. A cool breeze is nice and a brisk breeze is invigorating. In the summer an overcast humid day is aggravating, the air feels like a wet blanket, a thunderstorm is a relief.
The Fall has some of the best weather. It is usually not too warm when it is cold it is invigorating and fun to go for a walk and then come into your nice cozy home. If it rains , more cozy home time and the autumn colors seem richer when they are wet. I love the look of a tree “aflame” against a “pewter” sky. Sunny cool days in the autumn are great too.
The Winter is best if there is at least 8-12 in. of snow on the ground. I suppose snowstorms that dump more than 18-24 in are not necessary but they are fun to watch. I aways feel a let down when it stops snowing and clears up but I get over it.
I really dislike mixed precipitation. That’s when I feel the most disappointed in the
weather.
The Spring is sweet ,I can accept mixed precip. then, it seems right . Other than when we get 85-90Ëš temps.or an all out snowstorm, just about any weather is
good in the spring. It is possible for there to be too much rain.
I scored a 22.

49 H.Mavis { 11.03.10 at 9:52 am }

Hot weather makes me melt and I feel cranky and tired. I cool breeze is nice and a brisk breeze is invigorating. In the summer an overcast humid day is aggravating, the air feels like a wet blanket, a thunderstorm is a relief.
weather.
The Spring is sweet ,I can except mixed precip. then, it seems right . Other than when we get 85-90Ëš temps.or an all out snowstorm, just about any weather is
good in the spring. It is possible for there to be too much rain.
I scored a 22.

50 sailorbob { 11.03.10 at 9:41 am }

I have taken your weather personality quiz twice, once looking back to when aged 25, i scored 24. now aged 76 i only scored 16, Things do change as years roll by.

51 Christopher W Polley { 11.03.10 at 8:51 am }

My Score was Either 10 or 11, So My Category (if There Were One) Isn’t Listed, So What Does This Make Me!? Truthfully, My Mood is Better on Sunny Days Than on Overcast or Precip Days, However, I Can’t Claim to Be Full of Energy or Happy. Further, It’s a Tie Between Fall & Spring For Favorite Seas0n. There Were Also at Least a Couple of Questions in Which My Response Would Have Been None of the Above, However, the Option Wasn’t Available. My Ideal Weather is Sunny to Partly Cloudy, Temps in the Mid 70s & Low Relative Humidity. Personally, I Don’t Like Storms, But Don’t Mind Gentle Rain (if I’m Not Out in It.) I’m Curious as to How & Why the Particular Questions Were Chosen, Since They Don’t Reflect My Personality (Weather or Otherwise) Very Well.

52 FoodMagick { 11.01.10 at 5:26 pm }

Yeah these questions are a little skewed for those of us who hardly even see snow–like the handful of times in my 40 years in the Houston area (so of course my answer was Head Outside Immediately!)–or whose summers are particularly brutal (95° is tolerable but 100° isn’t? Too hot around here is when the rocks melt). I still scored 21 though, and I have to agree that I do tend to “find a way to make the most of it and enjoy” the outdoors, regardless of the weather. :)

53 bdog1231 { 11.01.10 at 11:23 am }

I love snowstorms!!! I was on the high end of the 2nd category of not minding stormy weather to the low end of being adventorous outdoors.

54 Frutero { 11.01.10 at 10:50 am }

There are a lot of choices I would have made if they had been there to make – but Florida is different. A good February here is an unmitigated pleasure. My favorite weather is sunny and windy, at the exact temperature where the side of you facing the sun is warmed like a good fire and your shady side gets a bracing slap from the wind. Here, in Upper Florida, it’s a time when you get the late citrus and the first bloom of earlier kinds; when peaches and plums and sand pears flower; when you can sink a fence post, plant a fruit tree, or fly a kite. There are also misty mornings when coastal fogs roll in, and the wood violets effloresce. It’s true that there are years like the last one when you can get a brutal late cold spell, and always, the pleasures of February must be paid for with the tortures and giant, swarming bugs of August. They are nonetheless worth it.

55 anotherkindofdrew { 11.01.10 at 10:49 am }

I love action with 21 points. I like the heat but not too hot and when the sun is baking me, well, it just too much to work in. A good afternoon shower with a bit of the rumblies is excellent. And snow? NO GOOD!

56 pumpkin pie { 11.01.10 at 6:59 am }

I scored between 11-20 on the test, but my real weather personality should be in the 1-10 category. In fact, I just realized, anyone who answers all D’s would score 12, so they would still fall in the 11-20 range. So you can’t score in the 1-10 range on this.