Waning Gibbous

The 2015 Farmers Almanac

Eliminate Mold and Mildew Naturally!

Eliminate Mold and Mildew Naturally!

Nothing ruins the prospect of a nice soothing shower more than unsightly mold or mildew in the bathroom.

Not only are these slimy fungi gross to look at, they also pose health risks. Bathroom mold can cause or aggravate respiratory illnesses or allergies and even cause fatigue or depression.

For many people, though, having a truly clean bathroom has traditionally meant resorting to using equally toxic chemicals such as bleach and chemical cleansers.

If having a home that is as clean of chemicals as it is of dirt is important to you, there’s good news. You can easily scrub mold and mildew from your bathroom, and your life, without resorting to bleach or other harsh cleaning products.

Here’s a look at some natural cleaners that will get rid of these stubborn unwanted guests:

One of the most handy weapons in your arsenal against household dirt, white vinegar is a safe, natural, and also incredibly effective against mold and mildew.

Fill a spray bottle with vinegar and thoroughly soak affected areas, then allow the vinegar to sit and do its work. After a few hours, scrub the treated area with a brush or coarse sponge.

After you’ve gotten rid of the mold or mildew, keep your spray bottle filled and ready to go. Spray down your shower after every use to slow its return.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

1 Linda { 06.29.15 at 7:20 pm }

Nice article and agree with all; however, do believe a WARNING needs to be made to all NOT to use vinegar and hydrogen peroxide together as it will then emit a deadly gas! (basic ingredients of a hydrogen bomb)

2 www.mydoterra.comericaduncan { 06.29.15 at 3:13 pm }

I am a massage therapist and have done great amounts of research on eos and used a ton of different ones. (And by reasearch, I dont mean reading blogs :) ) Doterra are by far the best and purest out there. I have testing and scientific research to back that up and am willing to share all that I know. There is a reason hospitals such as Vanderbilt and Johns Hopkins are using doterra oils specifically. Feel free to contact me on my website for more info. There are so many ways that oils can be adultered and passed off as pure. Doterra is the only Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade.

3 Gerry { 06.28.15 at 8:03 pm }

I have tried many brands of eo’s and the best I have found is Young Living Essential Oils. No, I am not a dealer. I have a friend that is though. She has done lots of research and I trust her. I use certain oils to help me battle cancer for the second time. I wish I had heard about them for the first go round! Just check out and see for yourself.

4 Shelley Davis { 09.09.14 at 9:23 am }

I use viniger for cat pee and dog pee on clothes and bedding. Just soak over night in washer full of water. Add two cups of viniger let it run a bit so the viniger is mixed through then soak over night. Run washer smell is gone.

5 Grannie { 09.07.14 at 2:12 pm }

For years I have used a variety of products to keep my bathroom free of mildew, then I discovered the most effective way to keep it spotlessly clean. After showering, use a couple of old towels, wipe the enclosure surface dry. That’s it. It takes exactly a minute or so, of your time. Keep the area dry and ventilated. Do it after every showering, you’ll never have to clean your bath again.

6 for EO's purest oils { 09.07.14 at 9:30 am }

You won’t find this grade of purity at your local shoppe unless it says Young Living. Because EO’s penetrate the blood/brain barrier your better health depends on this purity.

7 Di { 02.06.14 at 10:13 pm }

You can get essential oils from any health food store….

8 Ali { 02.06.14 at 4:23 pm }

Yes! Thanks Beth…I would also like to know where to buy good essential oils.

9 Sara { 02.06.14 at 2:51 pm }

Just used vinegar to clean a white tupperware bowl that had spaghetti sauce in it….let it soak for several hours and the bowl was almost like new!

10 Beth { 02.05.14 at 10:27 am }

Where can I find essential oils?

11 Ali { 02.05.14 at 10:24 am }

I LOVE vinegar…use it for everything!