Full Moon

The 2015 Farmers Almanac

Irresistable Peanut Butter Cookies

Save this recipe for later by logging in or registering for free!
Irresistable Peanut Butter Cookies

3/4 cup cream peanut butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
3 tbsp. milk
1 tbsp. vanilla
1 egg
1 3/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda

Heat oven to 375 F. Combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Add egg and mix. Combing flour, salt, and baking soda. Add dry mixture to wet mix. Mix until just blended.

Drop by heaping teaspoons 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet, or flatten slightly and crease with fork.  Bake for 7-8 minutes or until set and just starting  to brown Cool minutes before removing from pan.

1 Patti Richey { 06.15.15 at 10:08 pm }

Yes Jean Perryman, you can use crisco for the shortening or any other, such as one I have used, from Nutiva, coconut shortening.

2 Patti Richey { 06.15.15 at 10:07 pm }

As I read this new version, I thought, doesn’t have enough peanut butter. I was right. needs more, other than that they were tasty. however my own recipe is much simpler and I will most likely go back to it. thanks for the chance to try something new. : )

3 Jean Perryman { 06.12.15 at 7:04 pm }

Is Crisco the right kind of shortening to use????

4 ken { 06.12.15 at 6:57 pm }

When mixing it never said to add the milk so I forgot. I cooked the first batch and about four minutes in I saw they were not spreading so I took them out and looked at the recipe and forgot milk. I added milk to it all and they were OK. So don’t forget milk.

5 Angie { 06.12.15 at 9:17 am }

Love this site!!! Can’t wait to try the cookies!!

6 mountiangirl { 03.16.12 at 11:17 am }

Love the recipes i have gotten here especially these cookies.

7 Helen MacAndrew { 11.17.11 at 11:12 pm }

These peanut butter cookies are my new recipe. I will not use my old regular ones again!!! They are sooooo good! The best I have ever had!!!

8 Jean M. Lewis { 09.08.10 at 2:40 pm }

All of the recipes look good. I will try all of them.