Waxing Crescent

What Are “Blood Moons”? Is the World Ending?

What Are “Blood Moons”? Is the World Ending?

There has been a lot of interest recently in an upcoming series of lunar eclipses that begins April 15. These are usually described as “four blood moons” and taken by some to prophesy upcoming disasters.

The total lunar eclipse of April 14-15 will begin a so-called tetrad series of eclipses that is making the rounds online as a potential harbinger of doom, due in part to a recent book on the four blood moons that makes the dubious claim.

Astronomers rarely, if ever, use the term “Blood Moon.” When they do, they are usually using it as an alternate name for the Hunter’s Moon, the full moon that follows the Harvest Moon, usually in late October. The Hunter’s Moon, like the Harvest Moon, rises slowly on autumn evenings so that it shines through a thick layer of the Earth’s atmosphere, and is colored red by what those who study the atmosphere call Raleigh scattering as well as smog and air pollution.

On rare occasions, the light reaching the moon resembles the color of blood, but there is no way of predicting this in advance. So there are no grounds to call any particular lunar eclipse a blood moon until it actually shows its color.

What is unusual about this month’s lunar eclipse is that it is the first of a series of four total lunar eclipses in a row. Called a “tetrad,” such a series of four total eclipses in a row is not an overly rare event. The last such series happened in the years 2003 and 2004, and it will occur seven more times in the current century.

So while a tetrad of total lunar eclipses is somewhat unusual, it is not extraordinarily so, and certainly nothing to make a fuss about. After all, the only thing that happens during a lunar eclipse is that the moon spends a couple of hours passing through the Earth’s shadow, hardly something to be concerned about.

While we now have a clear understanding of much of what’s going on in the sky, people once routinely believed that astronomical events such as eclipses and comets were harbingers of disaster and doom.

A colleague of mine, Geoff Gaherty at SPACE.com recently cited a book which incredibly has made The New York Times best seller list: “Four Blood Moons: Something is About to Change” (Worthy Publishing 2013) penned by John Hagee, which suggests a link between the four total lunar eclipses that will occur over the next two years and the prophecy in the Bible about the end of the world.

Gaherty writes:
“When the mechanisms behind eclipses were less well understood, they were thought to be omens of bad tidings, just as comets were. Now people know that these are just normal events in the clockwork of the solar system, things which have occurred regularly for thousands of years and which will occur for thousands of years into the future.”

“Associations between ‘disastrous’ events and normal astronomical events are all fabrications of the human mind, as people attempt to find explanations for why disasters affect them. Because of the Internet and cable news channels, people now hear reports of disasters from around the world, including earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanic eruptions, which they never would have been aware of in the past.”

So, my advice to all of you who are blessed with clear skies on eclipse night is, don’t sweat it! This is a beautiful, natural and predictable phenomenon for all of us to see and enjoy. And since we like making predictions here at the Farmers’ Almanac, I’ll go out on a limb and state that, after the final lunar eclipse of this foursome passes into history in September 2015, we all will still be here.

Clear skies!

1 marjorie seaman { 10.17.14 at 5:53 pm }

People won’t going to hell for the things they did they will be going because of what they didn’t do. I guess we will just have to wait for the end times and I won’t be one of the sorry ones. GOD is alive and well!!!

2 slajj { 10.01.14 at 4:22 pm }

wow come into the almanac to read about weather and the moon and to learn new things , and what do I find but a bunch of judgmental rude post from people, who read from a book that says “tho shall not judge” it makes me sad , and its not up to you….what did I learn today..how rude and ignorant people can be, especially in the name of GOD…

3 maerose110 { 09.29.14 at 1:21 pm }

The only people who had free will, were Adam and Eve. They lived within the parameters of God’s pure creation. They named and ruled over the plants and animals, and tended to their care. They were skillfully deceived by Lucifer, disguised as a serpent,and later cursed by God to remain a serpent, as he twisted God’s words and warnings. Out of free will, they disobeyed God’s one and only order, and sinned. Sin is willful disobedience, sin is death; separation from God. We have a choice between: salvation and obedience and sanctification, Or sin and consequences aka separation from God.

4 maerose110 { 09.29.14 at 12:24 pm }

It takes a load of random idealology, (subject to change randomly), to believe that we are not created by a supreme all powerful, all knowing being. He designed us all in the same way: in His image. We all have a body, a spirit (eternal soul), and a mind (intelligence). Physically, Spiritually and intelligently, we are designed the same. Because of the fall of man, (in the Garden of Eden), there is sin and disease, and innocent suffering. To eliminate all suffering, God would have to remove all selfish people, from earth. It is the job of those who believe and accept His salvation and lifelong sanctification process; through obedience to His word, to share the truth, the way, and the life. Yes, THERE IS A GOD! A LOVING, CARING, FORGIVING, TEACHING, AND JUST GOD! Our suffering is but for a moment, Eternity is forever! The upside for atheists,; there will no pushy believers, aka Christians, in hell. As for the Universe? All Creation is God’s! Lately, it cries out; mourning our sin and unbelief. God speaks to us through Creation, nature, weather, etc… Look for Him, you’ll see Him! I promise!

5 The Palace Side Hotel 是一間位於京都(京都中央) é©åˆä¸€å®¶å¤§å°çš„é…’åº—ï¼Œé„°è¿‘äº¬éƒ½å¾¡æ‰€ã€äº¬éƒ½å¾¡è‹‘åŠäº¬éƒ½åœ { 06.14.14 at 12:45 pm }

Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is fundamental and everything. Nevertheless think of if you added some great visuals or videos to give your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with images and clips, this blog could definitely be one of the very best in its niche. Good blog!

6 Jenny Bollinger { 06.12.14 at 12:16 pm }

John Hagee made no predictions himself or set dates for the end of the world. No man knows that day. Consider a few interesting facts that I stole from his book. A blood moon as defined by NASA is a lunar eclipse that falls on a Jewish holy day. This series of four blood moons with a total solar eclipse in the center, ALL fall on Jewish holidays and occur during a Shemittah year(every 7 years) that begins and ends on the Feast of Trumpets(Jewish new year). Astronomically rare event!! Look back in Jewish history and see the correlation between past blood moon tetrads and events yourself. **1493-1494 – some 200,000 Jews expelled from Spain during a very bloody Spanish Inquisition- just in time for Columbus to sail. **1949-1950 Rebirth of the State of Israel **1967-1968 Six-Day War. We have all heard of the unrest in Israel…what will happen this time? What monumental event is this phenomenon showing us? Is this the end times? Joel 2:31 says, “The sun shall be turned into darkness (solar eclipse), and the moon into blood (blood moon), before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.” This day IS coming and I pray you are ready.

7 darnell1719 { 06.09.14 at 10:28 am }

Hey there. Did you know making an internet site mobile phone favorable?
I’m looking for a subject or plugin that could possibly solve this matter. If you have any suggestions, please share.
Easy query that’s absolutely away from topic.
My webpage appears to be peculiar when searching.

8 zelda { 05.20.14 at 2:36 am }

I like pie :3

9 wanda spalding { 05.09.14 at 1:19 pm }

Misty, I feel so sorry for you and what you believe. I hope you have a change of heart and find the Lord or YOU will die in HELL and I would not wish that on anyone. Just ask Jesus to come into your Heart!!!!

10 wanda spalding { 05.09.14 at 1:11 pm }

Sorry but you did not understand Bro. Hagee!!! He did not say the End was coming! No one knows that. BRO. Hagee quoted scripture and said there are major changes coming!!

11 linda philley { 04.30.14 at 7:01 pm }

this all seems to be to much hate to me —-jesus said when the prophecies were spoken i tell you these things so when they come to pass you will know that i tell you the truth that you might believe. for the christians (WHICH i am) it is your responsiblity to spread the word for you non christians it is also your right to deny we were given a free will. when the reject the message then you go your way brush the dust from your feet and move on –you planted the seed you must believe it will be watered but they sadly have the right to deny

12 Gia Cerino { 04.27.14 at 9:04 am }

Amen Dr.Kimbrell!

13 Wanda kimbrell { 04.23.14 at 4:47 pm }

To Misty and any others of her sad belief, God most definitely exists. How can I make that statement? I must be an uneducated zealot. On the contrary, I am highly educated. As a woman of science I can give you unformidable evidence of the true existence of God. Each cell of our bodies consist of several different types of cells. Billions and billions of teaney tiny cells that each have their own function. Each cell is a living being and all those cells make up a living being. Each cell is given its function by other cells that control thought processes in the brain. Those thought processes tell each cell what it’s job is. All those cells that make up that living being create you and your brain gives you the thought processes to tell your hands to type, your feet to walk, your lungs to breathe. Every doctor I know is highly educated and neither of them well debunk the notion of God. When you can hold a human heart in your hand and watch it beat, these things are not the result of random action but the carefully orchestrated hand of God creating a being to serve as a human being until we once again are joined with him and return to the form that is like God. If you read Genesis it tells you that man was created in the likeness of God and in Revelations you will find that when we return to God when will be given a new body in his likeness so this form is the form we became after Eve tempted Adam in the Garden of Eden, therefore we were not created originally as human beings but in the likeness of God , a form we will again enjoy when we go back to be with God. When you see the intricacies of the human cell and in the human body you know that we are a work of art that God created to enjoy till we once again enjoy His presence. To think that this universe happened at random would also mean we happened at random. No that is not true. The beautiful dance the components of our bodies make is a beautiful work of art that God orchestrated. It is a scary thought that body was put together at random because anything put together at random will also fall apart at random. What a scary thought that I could be walking down the street one day and my cells randomly fall apart again. I then would become a puddle of nastiness. No God is real and God created this form and I will once again join Him in His presence in what is called heaven.

14 Misty { 04.16.14 at 4:48 pm }

Harry: I’m not feeling strange, I’m just feeling sad. Sad that someone whom I assume is a grown adult can post about a magical man creating the vastness of the universe, or someone rising from the dead, and actually believe such nonsense. Sad that adults are so afraid of reality that they need to lie to themselves and tell themselves there is some magical place you can only get into if you believe in the magical man.

God does not exist, whether you believe it or not. If someone named Jesus was ever crucified, he did not later rise from the dead, whether you believe it or not. Heaven and hell do not exist, whether you believe it or not. If God really loved me no matter what, he wouldn’t send me to hell for exercising the free will he’s supposed to have given me. Pretty horrible idea of love if you ask me. Sounds more like an abusive relationship. “I love you more than anything else in the world, but you better do exactly as I say or you will face punishment. I only hurt you because I love you. If you would just listen to me I wouldn’t have to beat you. If you would just do as you are told, you wouldn’t have those bruises and scars.” Does that sound like love to you? Yet this is the type of being you want so desperately to spend eternity with. Someone whose idea of love is pain, abuse, and control. Thanks but no thanks. If that’s God’s love, I’ll take my chances with Satan. He’s responsible for far fewer deaths in the Bible than God is.

15 N. Jones { 04.16.14 at 12:00 pm }

I believe there are zealots on both sides of the fence. Neither side should cram their beliefs done the other’s throat. We do have free will as human beings. It is on our own shoulders what choices we should make that will affect our lives and others. Everyone has the option of researching, studying and making informed decisions. I would suggest that everyone should keep an open mind and not be guided by narrow-mindedness.

Myself, I believe the Bible but not the way it is always preached in certain extremes, which by the way, has given true Christianity a bad name. I mean how many religions are there – and they all say they are right. I don’t really think this would be the way God would want any of us to act.

On the other hand, if you don’t believe in God, you should at least behave like a decent human being. But, maybe not, if you don’t think compassion, mercy, caring and treating others like you would want to be treated applies to you. So if you have selfish and cruel ways then…..I feel very sorry for you, but of course, in your frame of mind you wouldn’t want any sympathy.

Also, regarding science – there is good and bad just like religion. If we are so far advanced then way is our planet, nation and health in the worse state it has ever been in? And – btw – what on earth are you doing on the Farmer’s Almanac page – go with your computerized, inaccurate weather forecasts. Isn’t this too old school for you??? ; )

16 Harry Palms { 04.16.14 at 3:35 am }

To Misty and other commenters who are of her persuasion – – –

– God exists whether you believe in Him or not.
– God created the universe whether you believe it or not.
– God loves you whether or not you want Him to love you,
– Jesus Christ died on a cross and then rose from the dead
for you, whether you believe that or not.
– Every person who lived in the past, lives now, and who will
live, have been given free will to choose their destiny. Heaven
for believers, or Hell for unbelievers, whether you believe that or not.
– All of you who doubt this truth are feeling strange right now, because the
Holy Spirit is calling you to believe that Jesus Christ is waiting for your
decision to accept Him as your personal Savior.
– Any anger at this post makes no difference to me or more importantly
to God, whether you believe that or not.

17 Misty { 04.16.14 at 12:00 am }

I look forward to the day religion dies forever and science takes over. Religion is a load of crap. It was all created by man to control others and explain things they couldn’t otherwise explain at the time. Someone asked why the mere mention of a Christian upsets some of us Atheists so much. You want to know the reason? Because too many Christians want to push their insane fantasy onto the rest of the world and force everyone to live by their beliefs. You can’t just have your beliefs and keep them to yourselves. You want to force us all to follow them because you think those of us who don’t are somehow going to bring about God’s wrath. Just look at your own comments. You all refuse to accept that people don’t think like you. I wouldn’t care one way or another about Christians if they weren’t always trying to force themselves on me, but no. You pity me that I don’t believe in fairy tales and magic and you waste your own time on prayers that accomplish nothing. Trust me, you can pray until your faces turn blue, it won’t do any good. I will never think like all of you. Truth is so much more enjoyable than lies and manipulation, and that’s all any religion is.

18 Ruth { 04.15.14 at 1:23 pm }

Reality check people you can not prepare yourself for the end of time,you don’t know when it’s your time,when it’s your time or our time we can’t stop it or change it.Its all part of Gods plan.Stop stressing and worrying and live life you can’t change Gods plan.But you can enjoy the one your being dealt.Love life,and live life that’s our purpose.

19 sam { 04.15.14 at 11:16 am }

All I can say is if god wills it anything can happen and anyone who believes science out powers our god thenI pitty when you face our lord on your day of judgement……. with that being said may god keep us all safe…..

20 Zac { 04.15.14 at 10:50 am }

if you were a true believer you wouldn’t be hate-filled and judgmental. just saying. maybe you should study Buddhism and enlighten yourself with a religion that dates back before the bible.

21 kimbrough { 04.15.14 at 5:46 am }

I am always amazed at the venom that spews from nonbelievers as they attack believers for being hate-filled and judgemental ! And even more laughable is the charge that believers are ignorant. It is much easier to prove that God exists than to prove He doesn’t..but His existence doesn’t rely on our ability to “prove” anything. He is not defined by us. There is peace in faith of the “unseen” God….knowing what is there without having to grasp it. One of the most conspicuous characteristics of atheists is their hatred of those that have what they don’t….an honest perspective. Atheism is, after all, guaranteed to be a temporary condition ! Why spend your one pass at life ranting against what you don’t know as if that will make it not so? So…go ahead and hurl your insults, you don’t define me either !

22 Evan { 04.15.14 at 1:46 am }

This is all so stupid. Pushing views on Farmers Almanac.

23 Gene Hummel { 04.14.14 at 10:09 pm }

We will not know the day or the hr. And for each of us that might be different. Car wreck, heart attack, cancer, victim of violence , & many otgers. Bottom line is that each one needs to make sure they are ready!

24 Pat Jackson { 04.14.14 at 9:01 pm }

My world includes God, I will not try to force my belief on anyone. Just live and let live. So many people just can’t accept what they can’t see or touch. But it is all good. Just don’t put me down if my beliefs are different than yours.

25 Lawrence k { 04.14.14 at 8:27 pm }

You god believers need to go. First off, there is no such thing as “up there”, and no such thing as an invisible man that watches over us in the sky. Grow up and just be a good person. You don’t need to believe in “god” to do that. Which god is the right god by the way? You people only have like 10,000 to choose from, good day!

26 Justin { 04.14.14 at 7:23 pm }

Thats a very interesting list of comments you have made Mary. First, if your as educated as you attempt to sound to be, you would realize that there are christian hypocrits and non-christian hypocrits. Therefore not making the whole group hypocrits.
Second, If your not a believer in Christianity then where do you get your information on if the moon was created before prophecy or not? Now for me as a believer in Jesus Christ and the Holy Bible, I know that the moon was created well before the times prophecy! Im just curious where you receive your informationm

27 Robin { 04.14.14 at 7:07 pm }

I feel that prayers are needed for those who do not believe in our Saviour, and the cold hard fact is, to those of us who do believe we have nothing to loose, but those of you who do not , is it really worth the risk? Ponder on that for a while.

28 Mary { 04.14.14 at 6:40 pm }

Ummm. Here’s a thought .. Start your own forum of believers Heather. That way YOU ALL can fall into unison and not query on such rhetorical questions.
How about you just saying, why can’t you see it my way. Sounds more like a Hitler move !
This is science stuff not religious ! Geez you guys really know how to rock the boat.
Next time you Neanderthals knock on my door trying to sell your godly policies, I’ll salute. Right hand outstretched. There’s no freedom from you nutshells. And man are you cracked.

29 Mary { 04.14.14 at 6:34 pm }

Seriously. There’s no anger in Carl. Probably just tired of hypocritical religious zealots and their asp-like words. I know I am. You nuts take a beauty and castrate with your words of seeking Redemption. The moon and stars were before prophetic times and speakings and rantings of lunatic delusions of this so called being. Just because we don’t share your asinine beliefs of so-called Christianity, don’t cast your judgements or contempt. If you think the worlds coming to an end then say a prayer, light a candle, pet a snake, kill YOUR own children ( not others or anybody else ) whatever. But keep your holier than thou bs to yourself. Isn’t it in the rite of ourselves to demonstrate compassion and not spread an epidemic of fear. Sounds like you Christians are against that trying to instill fear when really it just justifies our own contempt to not hear a word of what you say. Love Thy Neighbor huh. By telling them to follow something no more imaginable and intangible as Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. Get bent and yes, I concur, bury your bibles for obviously it has brainwashed you into believing you know better than us all. If there’s a god you’re not doing a good demonstration of it.

30 Heather Doty { 04.14.14 at 6:09 pm }

I just find it extremely sad that some of you, that don’t believe in Christ, have to be filled with so much anger and hate towards those that do. Why is the mere existence of a Christian so inflaming to you? Surely we can be ignored…maybe you need to think about why it is that Christians, and all things God-related get under your skin so badly…

31 Daniel { 04.14.14 at 3:49 pm }

For the people here that are all about God I have one thing to say to you If you have really read the bible front to back and still think its all true you are need to stop having kids we and find some help! Your sick, No really read that book all the way though then read it again. That book was wrote by (Men) that did not know what we know now or what was going to happen now. If they did we would have been long gone the first 20,000 time the bible said the would was going to end! Just grow up only kids should have imaginary friends.

32 Josh { 04.14.14 at 2:00 pm }

How do you think you got here carl? How was man created? You may not have felt it yet buddy but the power of god is something real. He can work out any problem or break any addiction you may have. If your one who believed we evolved from monkeys let me ask you this. Whats wrong with the monkeys today? Ive been riding down the road and heard jesus say im coming soon. But your time could end before the end of time! Are you ready believe and youd be surprised at the joy and peace in your life.

33 Lisa Buckhannon { 04.14.14 at 1:28 pm }

In the now opportunity to understand, grow, observe, learn, connect.We all share the moon , some within.

34 Lisa Buckhannon { 04.14.14 at 1:24 pm }

Cycle of growth and change for all seasons and places

35 Lisa Buckhannon { 04.14.14 at 1:23 pm }

Don’t read.observe.Moons eye view.

36 Lisa Buckhannon { 04.14.14 at 1:15 pm }

The moon is a significant no matter who is consciously in (natural) rhythm or not.

37 raundalee { 04.14.14 at 1:14 pm }

If you don’t understand the Jewish holy days you really have no educated opinion. Bottom line. It’s not about science, that’s a nice way to hide your fear. But it’s much more than that, and the real happenings are the blood moons in Sept. of 2015. The first 5 books of any version of the Bible explain more about this than any person, with any type of degree. Time to read.

38 Therese { 04.14.14 at 12:47 pm }

Wow, Carl. Your comment shows that you apparently have some anger and hate within your own heart. Yours is the only angry comment I have seen on this thread.

39 Carl { 04.14.14 at 12:00 pm }

All of you religious nutjobs need to get real. Science is the answer to our societies future. Not your hateful bigoted “prayers” for people you feel better than.

Dig a hole, bury your bibles and grow some more bullishit to feed each other.

40 Joy { 04.14.14 at 11:57 am }

It’s foolish for anyone to make predictions on the end of time including the prediction in this article (referring to us still being here in 2015). “No man knows the day or the hour”, he’ll come like a thief in the night when we least expect it. As Christians, I think we should focus our energy on winning lost souls especially if we feel like the the end is near. God bless

41 Carolyn { 04.14.14 at 11:28 am }

I am a Christian and believe the words of the Holy Bible to be inspired by the only true and living God. The sun, moon, and stars were created as signs. Just as the star led wise men to the birthplace of our savior this tetrad during the holy days of Passover is significant. God I pray for the peace of Israel.

42 AlbyZee { 04.14.14 at 11:23 am }

Um, people: no. Because science. Ugh.

Also, that notion that more people “go crazy” or are admitted to ERs during full moons is not supported by data.

43 Prep Bkk { 04.14.14 at 10:53 am }

Quoted:
The difference on these lunar events are, they fall on holy days. Tomorrow’s blood moon is on the Passover. You can look back on history to find this information.

by Debbra A. Phillips
:end
Ms D.A Phillsi
Thanks for mentioning this. They obviously skimmed over a review or two of Mr. Linseys book as well as articles that are circulating on this topic.

Look at the madness in the world, read scripture, pray. I wish the best for all.

44 linda elliott { 04.14.14 at 10:52 am }

I find your comment Paul Hofer interesting about something significant happening in the Jewish Community. Yesterday April 13 there was a mass shooting in Kansas City, Mo. at a Jewish community Center by a 73 yr. old man. he killed 3 people.

45 Margaret J. Jaeger { 04.14.14 at 10:45 am }

DUBIOUS? A national mag such as the Almanac, ought to know better than poke fun at religious beliefs.. besides, do Not recall anyone saying or writing this as the End of the World… but it May be the end of an Era.. which happens in natural history, doesn’t it..?? Also, Pastor Hagee is not the sole book writer on the subject, there are at least 3 others, probably more, who have written on the Blood Moons from a Religious stance. Not all are gloom and doom, as I was made to recall upon saying that myself, but all portend CHANGES for Israeil when they happen on Jewish Holy Days… and thereby affect the rest of the world too… as surely as economic collapses in other countries also affect the USA
and other countries of the world. To publish a statement that is conflicting with religious veiws is our right in the USA but places the publisher on the side of the statement quoted if not given as another point of view… where the magazine remains neutral…just consider..next time..

46 Paul Hofer { 04.14.14 at 10:12 am }

What you left out of your article is that this series or tetrads of blood moons all fall on Jewish feast days or holidays and they have to do with predicting something about the Jewish people. There were three times this happen before once was in 1492-93 when the Spanish inquisition occurred then again 1948-49 with the rebirth of the nation of Israel and the again 1967-68 with the six day war when Israel gain control over their ancient city of Jerusalem. So when these blood moons fall on Jewish feast days, significant events have happen in the past concerning the Jewish people and not necessarily domes days.

47 Ronnie Queen { 04.14.14 at 9:49 am }

Amen Johnny Lloyd. Are you all ready? Doesn’t mean today or tomorrow but it will happen. Trust the Lord and accept him into your heart.

48 Johnny Lloyd { 04.14.14 at 9:30 am }

The Bible that God created the stars, the moon and the sun for signs as seasons. So we must always be prepared, because we don’t know the day or hour of our Lord Jesus Christ’ return. Look up and be prepared.

49 Debbra A. Phillips { 04.14.14 at 9:18 am }

50 Marilyn { 04.14.14 at 9:11 am }

Never underestimate the power of Mother Nature. The End of the World will come sooner than you think. We are all destroying Earth with pollution, and I don’t think she’s too happy about it. Get to know your God!

51 singcanary { 04.14.14 at 9:08 am }

agreed…but also…Lunar eclipses have been associated more on a personal, emotional type event or level. NOT connected as much to a physical event like Earthquakes or earth changes are. So I see these Lunar full moon and partial eclipses as effecting our country more on emotional issues and events in our lives. Maybe feeling we are losing our freedoms more and the reactions with that arising or gov’t invading Americans more on a personal level of invasion which affects us on an emotional level moreso . Astrologically Eclipses do affect us each individually and possibly on a personal level depending on if it is hitting your angles to you natal chart. It can show up on a personal level in a person’s lives affecting them depending in what house the elcipse falls. Solar eclipses affect us on a physical level…Lunar eclipses affect us on a personal more emotional level of events. Eclipses have been happening for centuries. When analyzing an Earthquake chart or disaster…most of the time it is during a Solar eclipse event…not so much during a Lunar eclipse event. Like the old adage says: During a full moon people act crazier emotional…well, expect this to happen more so with the Lunar eclipses and/or during these Blood moon events the next few years. Maybe that is why in the news we are hearing and seeing people losing it and going on shooting rampages.