New Moon

What would you do with $86,400?

If you had a bank that credited your account each morning with $86,400, that carried over no balance from day to day, allowed you to keep no cash in your account, and every evening canceled whatever part of the amount you had failed to use during the day, what would you do? Draw out every cent, of course!

Well, you do have such a bank, and it’s called time. Every morning it credits you with 86,400 seconds. Every night it rules off as lost whatever of this you have failed to invest to good purposes. It carries over no balances. It allows no overdrafts. If you fail to use the day’s deposit, the loss is YOURS…

–From the 2005 Farmers’ Almanac

1 marg meyers { 10.25.10 at 11:35 pm }

You have no idea what money would do for me…it would be like heaven came to me..it would just lift me up and take me to another world

2 Stormwatcher { 10.20.10 at 11:12 am }

I would suggest apply it to the national debt to help out but it appears there is no help for that since its about a trillion now with all the bailouts etc. So i would suggest giving it to weather research since weather is a ongoing mystery on its forecasts etc.

3 Cajunmichael { 10.18.10 at 8:39 am }

You’ve touched on something that is my secret to being happy even through hard and difficult times. GIVE IT AWAY. Help any and every one you meet. Try to be as much like he Lord in every way you can, build your treasures in heaven, and never worry about the next set of 86,400 seconds you get.

4 April Cray Rhodes { 10.14.10 at 7:43 am }

Make it a point to share! Give to organizations that struggle- the ones with a true cause that make a difference. Build a small and cozy home in Dover Foxcroft, Maine along with a Yoga studio practicing Yoga Therapy to help others and enrich myself. Money surely spent quickly especially on line!

5 shari { 10.13.10 at 10:43 pm }

i would use it too. im so in debt with the business, i dont want to leave my kids all this debt, usually i would say it would haunt me later, but i see what this world makes us do… I would use it.

6 Michael { 10.13.10 at 5:37 pm }

I would definitely use it do finally get out of debt. My ex wife left me and left me in debt. been struggling for the past 6 years to stay a float and keep a good attitude. it would be a blessing.

7 Paul Lathem { 10.13.10 at 3:44 pm }

I inherited a home from family 4 yrs ago, that fortunately did not have any debt tied to it other than I did have to put a new roof on and new Air conditioner; however, the siding on the house and adjacent carport/shop needs replacing as well as some work in the kitchen- maybe not a full remodel, but strip the painted cabinets and some colorful paint would liven the place up a bit – and probably make the neighbors happry from the outside too, lol!
I would spend it all. I enjoy each day to the fullest in whatever menial task or important job that I’m attending to. I am truly blest!

8 Carla { 10.13.10 at 3:12 pm }

That’s true. You need to live life to the fullest. Enjoy every moment of it.

9 Pam { 10.13.10 at 3:11 pm }

That’s one way to make us think! Seconds are worth more that $$$ – we tend to forget.