Waning Gibbous

The 2015 Farmers Almanac

November’s Full Beaver Moon

Learn about the inspiration behind November’s full Moon name in this interesting Farmers’ Almanac video.

1 Portia McCracken { 11.25.15 at 7:38 pm }

My first glimpse of tonight’s full moon (at 5:46 pm EST) elicited a gasp! Surely the name ought to be “Full Cheddar Moon;” I’ve never seen Luna so brilliantly hued as she was tonight.

2 Jayne { 11.25.15 at 4:10 pm }

Happy Thanksgiving with GRATITUDE for all the knowledge you provide others and me. “never let a day go by without learning something new.” At 73, I am as curious as ever. Thank you.

The moon was pretty last night. In Vinton, Virginia, I will be watching “when the moon comes over the mountain.” a lyric from PATTI PAGE song of the 1950s. There has been heavy “frost” here in southwest Virginia, so I can understand the name of the frost moon as well.

3 Patti { 11.25.15 at 8:49 am }

So glad I looked for information. Thank you

4 Ruth { 11.25.15 at 8:32 am }

Love the information you give. I always learn something new!

5 Mark C. Warns { 11.25.15 at 5:55 am }

Before I went to bed last night and thought I left the front light on. I guess God did.

6 Teresa Walsh { 11.24.15 at 6:58 pm }

Thanks for sharing this article. I enjoy your posts and Email very much.

7 Ann Reidenbach { 11.24.15 at 6:52 pm }

Have loved the almanac since i was a small child, and still do at 71.

8 Jill Devine { 09.08.15 at 1:26 am }

I’ve not gotten any of your emails since 12/31/2014. I did not unsubscribe. Please start sending them again. Thank you.

9 kooter { 11.07.14 at 10:04 pm }

very nice, always learning new things

10 Charles Hehn { 11.06.14 at 6:16 am }

We up here in Ontario have always called the November full moon a “HUNTER’S MOON” because of that is also the time of the DEER HUNT. or shortly after,

11 Denise { 11.05.14 at 10:21 am }

I love love all your articles and your spot on weather predictions I am almost ready for the snow and cold. Thanks for all you do.

12 shirley sill { 11.05.14 at 10:07 am }

love the Farmer Almanac info !! our only daily info on our world !! thank you !

13 I really appreciate your article on the Beaver Full Moon. I find learning about the names so much fun! { 11.16.13 at 9:44 pm }

14 Barb { 11.15.13 at 7:03 pm }

Very interesting. The moon is looking pretty good tonight.

15 Karen K { 11.15.13 at 6:23 pm }

thank you!

16 Mystic Mary { 11.15.13 at 6:17 pm }

thank you for all your research!
So nice to keep the wise stories of our elders alive!
Blessings! <3

17 Vickie Allmand { 11.15.13 at 5:59 pm }

Thank you for such interesting stories. I am a retired public educator and love to continue to learn information we use in our lives everyday. Good job.

18 Theresa Connors Elliot { 11.13.13 at 10:31 am }

Thank you for this article on the origin of the Full Beaver Moon name. I always wondered why it was named this for November’s full moon. Happy Thanksgiving! Keep up the great job.