Waning Crescent

October’s Full Hunter’s Moon

Find out why October’s full moon was an important signal to Native Americans as they prepared for the upcoming long winter in this month’s installment of Full Moon Names.

1 Phyllis { 10.20.13 at 10:12 pm }

Look forward to the education

2 james fischer { 10.17.13 at 9:47 am }

I would surely enjoy receiving your farmer’s almanac and more exciting news in this area.

3 jody stevens { 10.17.13 at 9:17 am }

May my family and I receive God’s Blessing in this Hunter’s Full Moon. Thank you for the information.

4 Michael Amato { 10.16.13 at 4:06 pm }

I believe during the full moon on October 18th, there will be a phenumbral eclipse. There will be a slight darkening on one edge of the full moon. Binoculars will help show were the slight darkening of the eclipse will be.

5 Michael Amato { 10.16.13 at 4:05 pm }

6 Theresa Connors Elliot { 10.16.13 at 8:48 am }

Thank you for the history of the October Full Hunter’s Moon. I look forward to receiving my Farmer’s Almanac e-mail each month with this interesting information. Keep up the great job!