Waxing Gibbous

July’s Full Buck Moon

July is normally the month when the new antlers of buck deer push out of their foreheads in coatings of velvety fur. It was also often called the Full Thunder Moon, for the reason that thunderstorms are most frequent during this time. Another name for this month’s Moon was the Full Hay Moon.

1 Exsta { 07.03.15 at 7:08 am }

My friend had her baby July 2

2 sandi { 07.01.15 at 6:51 pm }

Karen, full moon insomnia. Know it well. My husband always laughs at me.

3 shelley { 07.01.15 at 1:55 pm }

in the ATL area, I would guess that the reddish haze of the moon was due to pollution.

4 byron { 07.01.15 at 1:04 pm }

At the very end of the movie “Disney’s The Kid” is a written explaination. Its due to the earth’s axis not allowing blue light rays from the moon, and only allowing red light waves into our atmosphere.

5 kah281 { 07.01.15 at 12:33 pm }

Last night in Atlanta Metro area we had what appeared to be a full moon but it was VERY red. What does a red moon mean?

6 Theresa { 07.01.15 at 11:56 am }

My mom used to talk about a blood moon and it meant trouble coming. Has anyone heard of it?

7 Kelly { 07.01.15 at 11:20 am }

Carol, when a second full moon occurs in any given month it is called a blue moon. This is the first full moon so it takes on the name/theme/season recognition for this month. It isn’t different this time…it just isn’t the blue moon yet. That will occur July 31st.

8 Carol { 07.01.15 at 10:50 am }

Usually two full moons in one month are called a “blue moon” …..why is this different from those????

9 Katherine Jackson { 07.01.15 at 10:31 am }

have you ever heard of ” blood moons”.

10 Louise Thompson { 07.01.15 at 10:14 am }

Thanks Ilike this a lot.

11 Louise Thompson { 07.01.15 at 10:14 am }

. Thanks for the information. I like this article a lot.

12 Louise R. Thompson { 07.01.15 at 10:11 am }

Thanks for information. I like this.

13 Maria { 07.01.15 at 8:46 am }

Mercury Retrograde is true to its name.it happens three times a year. You should do everything before the Mercury Retrograde. Mercury is the planet of communication,retrograde means backwords.Communication goes backwards..remember with this prefix. RE everyrhing. RE DO, RE ORGANIZE, RE CHECK. DO NOT START ANYTHING NEW .IF YOU STARTED IT BEFORE THE RETROGRADE ITS OK.. Comminication thru technology,sighing important papers,all should be done before or after the retrograde because things will go haywire..important things. Recheck everything a few times…avoid important deals or signing important deals before or after..hope this helps.

14 Randy { 07.01.15 at 8:22 am }

I Like the name Full Buck moon, Sounds great & they are in may corn Bucks !

15 karen { 07.01.15 at 7:37 am }

this is why I’m not sleeping-whenever there is a full moon I don’t sleep 2 days before it and the night of it-so I guess I’ll sleep peacefully tomorrow night

16 zincink { 06.29.15 at 5:59 am }

I am planting by the Moon phases and my squash are doing spectacular.

17 Melissa L. Denby (aka Moecat) { 06.17.15 at 10:39 am }

… but I love being vague! Really I just wanted to say Hi!… I’m in a mood today… I love these kinds of articles…. Thank you for having them… …apologies for the trouble.. I really have nothing interesting or helpful to say regarding anything at this time…
Have A Nice Day…

18 Chris { 07.12.14 at 5:05 am }

Ticia…it’s just wonderful to have a computer isn’t it…did you try doing a “Search” on your question?

Look here: http://www.almanac.com/content/mercury-retrograde

19 Ticia Ulaneck { 07.18.13 at 10:11 pm }

I was wondering if you could do an article on Mercury retrograde. My husband keeps on about it and I thought you might be able to give some insight on it. Thank you.

20 bill meyer { 07.17.13 at 10:00 pm }