Waxing Gibbous

The 2016 Farmers Almanac

April’s Full Pink Moon

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Add to Google+ Share on Pinterest Subscribe by Email Print This Post

April is known for its showers and ever-warming temperatures, but it is also known as a month when spring flowers begin to show up. Herb moss pink, or wild ground phlox, is one of the earliest widespread flowers of the spring. As the name infers, the flowers are pink in color, thus the name for April’s full moon.

This pink moon has also been called: the Full Sprouting Grass Moon, the Egg Moon, and among coastal tribes, the Full Fish Moon, because this was the time that the shad swam upstream to spawn.

Articles you might also like...

1 zincink { 04.22.16 at 12:06 am }

RIP Prince. Maybe he will settle for a pink full moon instead of purple.

I hope all of your plants grow in abundance.

2 Your reality { 04.21.16 at 7:11 pm }

Whoops spelled psych wrong, made a mistake. Hey I can admit it though unlike sanders.

3 Your reality { 04.21.16 at 7:08 pm }

You’re an idiot. Sanders is a liar and he’s lazy. Let’s go ahead and let a old, unproductive fool run our country. Sounds like you’re one of those phycs you’re talking about affected by the full moon.

4 Your realit { 04.21.16 at 7:07 pm }

To the genius nurse,

5 Trump Moon { 04.21.16 at 5:20 pm }

Lmbo.. listening to these comments ..
Today’s my Birthday. .I love a full moon.

6 Early summer Florida forecast: Exceptionally warm and wet | Weather Matters { 04.21.16 at 2:52 pm }

[…] full moon is so named after wildflowers that grow and bloom this time of the year, according to the Farmer’s Almanac. It is also known as the Full Sprouting Grass Moon, the Egg Moon and the Full Fish Moon, since this […]

7 very tired { 04.21.16 at 1:14 pm }

After reading through some comments, I would say the effects of the full moon are apparent.

8 FeeltheBern2016 { 04.21.16 at 11:37 am }

I want to know why the hillbilly who commented about “also called Bernie sanders moon, cause everything’s free” felt the need to post that? I thought this was an article about nature, and the moon. Not a place to troll people about their political ideas. My only thoughts on either subject are this: im a nurse of 20 yrs, YES 100% the moon affects us, ive lived it while taking care of psych patients, no scientific thesis will change my mind, and yes, im voting for Sanders, he’s the only one not a liar or a joke…and i bet ol hillbilly who posted earlier is a Trump supporter, and Trump is BOTH.

9 Theo { 04.21.16 at 10:59 am }

Yes, the full moon does seem to cause ‘full moon fever’–but beyond that, isn’t it just the coolest thing to watch it rise above the pines?

10 Janis McElhaney { 04.21.16 at 10:28 am }

The only thing that any full moon does as far as I am concerned is to keep me awake. Solution, block the moon light.

11 AffirmativeActionMonkey { 04.21.16 at 10:26 am }

Also known as the Bernie Sanders Moon…where everything is free.

12 Marge { 04.21.16 at 10:17 am }

Work with the public, full moon definitely affects people.

13 MARYLOU { 04.21.16 at 9:39 am }

Full moon don’t bring out the crazies” They are everywhere at all times. Get over it and watch your back. Revelations is not ”scary as Jesus don’t need to be feared and you have to have faith in him and yourself .Wow. All kinds are in the universe and weather is studied everyday. So much to be learned yet and so many to teach . 😉

14 Larry Doyle { 04.21.16 at 9:32 am }

I think a full moon follows Rhonda wherever she goes.

15 Jo Frye { 04.21.16 at 8:44 am }

Back in 1978, the builders were digging my basement on a Full Moon Eclipse – my basement ended up 2 feet deeper than it was supposed to be. That was fine and I
think helped to sell it years later. Coincidence? Who knows? Ha Ha

16 Sheryl Mosley { 04.21.16 at 8:43 am }

The Crazy moon , full moon, Bad things happen on the night of the full moon .

17 I believe when the moonrazy people come out , Stay in your house, Safe from harm ! { 04.21.16 at 8:39 am }

I believe when the moon is full , that is when the crazy people come out , Stay in your house, Safe from harm !

18 Cynthia { 04.21.16 at 8:22 am }

You must mean, as the name implies. Not infers. Thanks!

19 this hyperlink { 04.20.16 at 5:21 am }

To make sure your computer is ready for the game you are interested in, go to an online store that carries the game, look at its software and hardware requirement details. The best part of Star Wars games is that they can easily be molded into different genres. You could give yourself some leisure time between classes or just within the break time, however are not in front of your TV.
this hyperlink http://kaohsiungfarm.com.tw/index.php/component/k2/itemlist/user/815105

20 Amelia Barton { 04.04.15 at 12:13 pm }

our body is 98 percent water of course that is what happens every body knows this

21 kontryboyva { 04.01.15 at 9:48 am }

I worked in a mental hospital with direct care of the patients for 15 years. It was long held, and I’ve seen it firsthand, the effects of the full moon on patient’s behavior. Considering we are mainly made of water, it’s little wonder how the moon can have this effect. Arthritis acts up, police see an increase in crime-I saw bad behavior on my end. Tis true.
By the way, Rhonda- the book in the Bible is Revelation–no “s”. Get over the temptation on getting on that spacecraft-then again, go ahead.

22 Wanda Wall { 04.12.14 at 11:52 am }

Very true..that the full moon does have effect on everything. I also remember one time, a police officer told me.. that more violence was committed during the full moon. Then any other time of the month.

23 elvirahowell { 05.01.13 at 8:05 pm }

Rhonda, I truly believe that we are not the only beings in the universe that is just too arrogant to believe.And I believe in God I read the Bible.But girl, stay out of the L RON HUBBARD FANTASIES.
Things are changing yes,weather, peoples behavior,we are more stressed yes all that seems to point to things as we know it coming to an end, and yes I firmly believe the moon has its influence on us her, just as it has on ebb and tide, but hidden space ships?,inner earth? Come on now.
Elvira

24 cheesy chuck { 04.26.13 at 5:27 am }

I like cheese! From the moon! Mmmm!cheese!

25 heather { 04.25.13 at 10:47 am }

I used to work for an OB-GYN office and there were 50% more babies born the day/night before or the day/night of a full moon than any other day of the month. Crazy!

26 Pat Chastain { 04.25.13 at 12:04 am }

It is true more babies are born during a full moon. My daughter in law did not realize why she was having to go in to Surgery so much during her three days on call until I told her. More accidents , more shooting, killings, and crimes are committed during the full moon than at any other time. Boy, when I told her this, she asked me to write down the three days before and the 3 days after. She never took call again on the 3 days prior and tried not to take it on the night of the full moon or the 3 days after. Check with your police dept. and the ER at the hospital, the law enforcement knows this also. Try getting you a scanner and see what you hear these 7 days and compare to the 7 days during the other moons and you will see for yourself. More accidents and heart attacks happen on Mondays, also.

27 Kellie { 04.24.13 at 11:35 pm }

Rhonda have you been drinking the kool-aid?

28 Rhonda { 04.24.13 at 9:26 pm }

This is real. As a nurse of 18 years, I have seen the full moon’s affect the behaviors of every living being on earth. Also, I was made aware of HARRP a year ago and have been preparing for full galactic landings and interventions for the prophecies of Revelations to be completed last this summer of 2013. Look up the Galactic Federation Light and the Galactic Free Prepare yourselves and your families. Space ships are hidden behind the clouds now and I have photographed them. Unless you have alot of money to go to inner earth, you will have to go up on space ships because the time is at HAND. IF you choose to stay on earth, chance are that the severe storms, solar radiation will cause people to be killing people. And the hurricanes are strengthening every day. Very who chose to stay on the surface of the earth will not survive. They are coming to save us and heal our bodies from the damages done to them. I Have been working with these groups a year. Pick up your bible and read the book of Revelations.

29 kat irvine { 04.24.13 at 9:22 am }

One can’t think that way. As much as some beleive the full moon inspires insanity we can’t give in to fatalistic thinking. Chin up Angy.

30 Angy Smith { 04.23.13 at 7:04 pm }

Should be the Crazy Moon ~ People- Work -Events – Fates All have gone Arwy this week