Waxing Crescent

April’s Full Pink Moon

April is known for its showers and ever-warming temperatures, but it is also known as a month when spring flowers begin to show up. Herb moss pink, or wild ground phlox, is one of the earliest widespread flowers of the spring. As the name infers, the flowers are pink in color, thus the name for April’s full moon.

This pink moon has also been called: the Full Sprouting Grass Moon, the Egg Moon, and among coastal tribes, the Full Fish Moon, because this was the time that the shad swam upstream to spawn.

In 2009, the full pink moon was also the Full Paschal Moon which helps set the date for Easter. Easter is determined as being the first Sunday following the first full moon that occurs on or after the day of the vernal (spring) equinox.

1 Wanda Wall { 04.12.14 at 11:52 am }

Very true..that the full moon does have effect on everything. I also remember one time, a police officer told me.. that more violence was committed during the full moon. Then any other time of the month.

2 elvirahowell { 05.01.13 at 8:05 pm }

Rhonda, I truly believe that we are not the only beings in the universe that is just too arrogant to believe.And I believe in God I read the Bible.But girl, stay out of the L RON HUBBARD FANTASIES.
Things are changing yes,weather, peoples behavior,we are more stressed yes all that seems to point to things as we know it coming to an end, and yes I firmly believe the moon has its influence on us her, just as it has on ebb and tide, but hidden space ships?,inner earth? Come on now.
Elvira

3 cheesy chuck { 04.26.13 at 5:27 am }

I like cheese! From the moon! Mmmm!cheese!

4 heather { 04.25.13 at 10:47 am }

I used to work for an OB-GYN office and there were 50% more babies born the day/night before or the day/night of a full moon than any other day of the month. Crazy!

5 Pat Chastain { 04.25.13 at 12:04 am }

It is true more babies are born during a full moon. My daughter in law did not realize why she was having to go in to Surgery so much during her three days on call until I told her. More accidents , more shooting, killings, and crimes are committed during the full moon than at any other time. Boy, when I told her this, she asked me to write down the three days before and the 3 days after. She never took call again on the 3 days prior and tried not to take it on the night of the full moon or the 3 days after. Check with your police dept. and the ER at the hospital, the law enforcement knows this also. Try getting you a scanner and see what you hear these 7 days and compare to the 7 days during the other moons and you will see for yourself. More accidents and heart attacks happen on Mondays, also.

6 Kellie { 04.24.13 at 11:35 pm }

Rhonda have you been drinking the kool-aid?

7 Rhonda { 04.24.13 at 9:26 pm }

This is real. As a nurse of 18 years, I have seen the full moon’s affect the behaviors of every living being on earth. Also, I was made aware of HARRP a year ago and have been preparing for full galactic landings and interventions for the prophecies of Revelations to be completed last this summer of 2013. Look up the Galactic Federation Light and the Galactic Free Prepare yourselves and your families. Space ships are hidden behind the clouds now and I have photographed them. Unless you have alot of money to go to inner earth, you will have to go up on space ships because the time is at HAND. IF you choose to stay on earth, chance are that the severe storms, solar radiation will cause people to be killing people. And the hurricanes are strengthening every day. Very who chose to stay on the surface of the earth will not survive. They are coming to save us and heal our bodies from the damages done to them. I Have been working with these groups a year. Pick up your bible and read the book of Revelations.

8 kat irvine { 04.24.13 at 9:22 am }

One can’t think that way. As much as some beleive the full moon inspires insanity we can’t give in to fatalistic thinking. Chin up Angy.

9 Angy Smith { 04.23.13 at 7:04 pm }

Should be the Crazy Moon ~ People- Work -Events – Fates All have gone Arwy this week